CozumelCruiseExcursions.net???

Megraz

We just used them for a tour in April.  Many pros and cons.

Pros:  the jeeps were clean, they were easy to find.  Jeeps were well stocked with cold water and drinks.  Guides spoke excellent English and Cozumel locals who had lots of information.  They took us to lunch, which was included, and it was delicious.  (But we had to buy drinks, even water, and we were all hot and thirsty so we bought many!)  We also loved driving so much of Cozumel.

Cons: VERY rushed, especially at snorkeling when that was what we wanted to do most. At the end, since we don't drink, we skipped the tequila tour and instead they told us they were going to be SO kind and take us to their new family park for a chocolate tasting at no charge even though it's normally $19 a person.  By this time we were all hot and sweaty and tired and they drove us to this fenced in area and proceeded to put on a Mayan show for us that no one wanted.  I will say the tour guide at this new family park was WONDERFUL. If had been the beginning of the tour that would have been different perhaps, but we felt stuck and it was very uncomfortable.  Also, a piece of obsidian that was used in a demonstration was misplaced and they made everyone turn out their pockets.  We normally don't mind tipping but we were asked to tip constantly, probably at least a dozen times between the snorkeling and the Otoch park at the end.  We tipped our two guides $70 at the end (and we'd paid $70 each for the tour) and they were upset about it and walked away cursing under their breath.

It wasn't our worst experience but they won't be where I go next time I'm on Cozumel.  

On 4/26/2023 at 8:51 AM, printingchick said:

Great to read all these good reviews. We've booked the private jeep tour with them in February 2024. Very excited to see parts of Cozumel we've never seen on prior visits. Thanks!

Not sure where you are reading all the good reviews?

Over the years, reveiws of .NET  have been very mixed and I would be very careful. Their name is too similar to the .com group for my liking.

They offer many tours and claim to be a family business but I feel that description is a little “stretched” and they are more like a broker to me. Some tours get glowing reports, some have been very poor. It is a shame because some of their tours sound interesting and I have been tempted but then you get reviews of the itinerary being changed for one reason or another.

Edited by c-leg5

30 minutes ago, JenKate said:

We just used them for a tour in April.  Many pros and cons.

Pros:  the jeeps were clean, they were easy to find.  Jeeps were well stocked with cold water and drinks.  Guides spoke excellent English and Cozumel locals who had lots of information.  They took us to lunch, which was included, and it was delicious.  (But we had to buy drinks, even water, and we were all hot and thirsty so we bought many!)  We also loved driving so much of Cozumel.

Cons: VERY rushed, especially at snorkeling when that was what we wanted to do most. At the end, since we don't drink, we skipped the tequila tour and instead they told us they were going to be SO kind and take us to their new family park for a chocolate tasting at no charge even though it's normally $19 a person.  By this time we were all hot and sweaty and tired and they drove us to this fenced in area and proceeded to put on a Mayan show for us that no one wanted.  I will say the tour guide at this new family park was WONDERFUL. If had been the beginning of the tour that would have been different perhaps, but we felt stuck and it was very uncomfortable.  Also, a piece of obsidian that was used in a demonstration was misplaced and they made everyone turn out their pockets.  We normally don't mind tipping but we were asked to tip constantly, probably at least a dozen times between the snorkeling and the Otoch park at the end.  We tipped our two guides $70 at the end (and we'd paid $70 each for the tour) and they were upset about it and walked away cursing under their breath.

It wasn't our worst experience but they won't be where I go next time I'm on Cozumel.  

Thanks for your report.

I think one of the problems with their tours is they try to fit too much in to too short a time to appeal to multiple guests, but with the heat there is a limit to what you can do in one day from the ship and you have to pace yourself or it isn’t enjoyable.

sorry to hear about the tipping I don’t think we have ever been bothered that much in Cozumel. 

I was interested to hear of the park you visited as that isn’t a name I recognize. I am wondering if one of the previous places has changed its name or if it really is yet another Mayan. experience place.  Do you know where it was? Was it on the transversal with the stingless bees?

Lots of favorable reviews on TripAdvisor and Mitsugirly posted an extensive review of her experience and - despite some initial hiccups - reported a favorable experience and recommended the tour to others. I'm very excited about it. We're doing the private jeep tour. I'll try to remember to come back and post about our experience. 

I visit some highly reputable websites that end in .net, so I don't take the .net-vs-.com too seriously.