CozumelCruiseExcursions.net???

Megraz

I have never used them but “dot net” has had mixed reviews over the years, I would try and use the search engine for this forum to read past experiences although it is difficult to predict how they are now after the break. I must admit some of their tours look interesting.

Island Marketing is “dot com” and we have used them occasionally in different ports over the years without problems 

6 minutes ago, c-leg5 said:

I have never used them but “dot net” has had mixed reviews over the years, I would try and use the search engine for this forum to read past experiences although it is difficult to predict how they are now after the break. I must admit some of their tours look interesting.

Island Marketing is “dot com” and we have used them occasionally in different ports over the years without problems 

So far they have had excellent communication answering my questions before I book. Doing a little more research before I go for it. Thanks!

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...
On 11/16/2021 at 9:24 AM, PiperHolliday said:

They have thousands of 5-star reviews on TripAdvisor and maintain a rating of 4.4 out of 5, overall. I wouldn't hesitate to book with them and I actually did, for my cruise in 20 days. 

Let me know how that goes for you!

I was excited to read this thread and I booked a snorkel trip with them for our trip, which happens to be on my son's birthday.  The said that they could provide a cake (for a fee) for him on the excursion.  They also provide drinks, fruit and guacamole included.  

Just now, LadyMac72 said:

I was excited to read this thread and I booked a snorkel trip with them for our trip, which happens to be on my son's birthday.  The said that they could provide a cake (for a fee) for him on the excursion.  They also provide drinks, fruit and guacamole included.  

On 11/28/2021 at 9:53 PM, musiccity said:

I've used this company for many of my excursions and have always had a great experience. 

This is fantastic to hear. I've been having some anxiety over booking outside of my cruise line but then on the other hand I want to be able to the things I want on my cruise and have fun too

2 minutes ago, Megraz said:

This is fantastic to hear. I've been having some anxiety over booking outside of my cruise line but then on the other hand I want to be able to the things I want on my cruise and have fun too

Me too!  Especially since it's my son's birthday trip (March).  We haven't gone yet but is outfit has been VERY good with communication.  I gave a small deposit ($18pp I think) and will pay cash for the difference on the excursion.  

1 hour ago, Megraz said:

1 hour ago, LadyMac72 said:

Me too!  Especially since it's my son's birthday trip (March).  We haven't gone yet but is outfit has been VERY good with communication.  I gave a small deposit ($18pp I think) and will pay cash for the difference on the excursion.  

No problem using an outside vendor generally. Please report back and let us know how it goes under current times since the mixed reviews were obviously a couple of years or more ago. 

I know they claim to be a local family business but I can’t help but feel they are a “ local family broker” because they offer quite a wide range of excursions so each tour will depend on who they contract with.

@mitsugirlyhas used them a couple of times, if memory serves me right, and will have intensive photo reviews on her blog, and may comment if she is monitoring this board.

13 hours ago, c-leg5 said:

@mitsugirlyhas used them a couple of times, if memory serves me right, and will have intensive photo reviews on her blog, and may comment if she is monitoring this board.

Thanks for tagging me leg, I don't monitor the boards much anymore since we've been doing land vacations due to COVID, but when I'm tagged I do get a notification. 

Yes, we have used them twice now. They were absolutely amazing the first time, which is why we used them again the next time around. I did have some "complaints" about the walk to get to where we were going that time (because I had broken my leg and walking is difficult for me these days due to it not healing aligned) but we still had a wonderful time. I would highly recommend them and would use them again in a heartbeat. We did the snorkeling to El Cielo and a private jeep rental. If you are interested in my reviews you can find them on my site travelwithmitsugirly . com under the cozumel section. 

We used outside vendors for everything we do (unless it's something that can ONLY be done under the cruise ship like a certain island) and have been doing it for years. These vendors know that their reputation is on the line and they make sure to get you back in time and have back up plans. I hope that puts your mind at ease a little. 

• Like 4

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I haven't used them technically, but had a tour (El Cielo) booked with them last June when we were in Mexico at a resort.  Unfortunately our snorkeling trip was rained out due to a bad rain storm, but their communication was great and they quickly refunded our deposit.  I'm planning to book with them for our cruise in March.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 12/23/2021 at 12:04 PM, Tricialy said:

I haven't used them technically, but had a tour (El Cielo) booked with them last June when we were in Mexico at a resort.  Unfortunately our snorkeling trip was rained out due to a bad rain storm, but their communication was great and they quickly refunded our deposit.  I'm planning to book with them for our cruise in March.

Thanks for this info. We have been looking to use them. If our cruise goes in April, we probably will. I just don't want to book anything until much closer.

They have been really good about communication so far, until now. My cruise was canceled by Norweigan and I reached out to let them know and get a refund of my deposit. Usually they would respond back within a day or two - its been a week now. Grated its only $19, but still.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 2/5/2022 at 4:24 AM, bigrednole said:

I hope you got your deposit back. We wound up booking with them based on all the reviews out there on TripAdviser and others. I expect our cruise to go, so no issue there. 

It’s been over a month now and no refund. I sent a reminder email last week and no response at all. Slightly annoyed. 

I know they are a reputable company but I had a bad experience with them. I did get a quick refund. 

Had a snorkeling trip booked with them a few weeks ago. The water was rough so they canceled the excursion. It wasn't just them, all snorkeling excursions were canceled that morning. Something about the port being closed. I understand they can't control the weather. 

Anyway they never told us it was canceled. No email, text, or phone call. There were a dozen people waiting at the meeting spot and the tour guide just never showed up. About 45 minutes after the meeting time one of the other people waiting with us was able to get them on the phone and learned the trip was canceled. It would have been pretty simple for the tour guide to stop by and let us know what had happened so we could go find other activities instead of wasting time on the street corner. 

That evening I sent them an email. They wrote back with a weak apology and a promise to refund my deposit, which I received in a couple of days. 

• 1 year later...

Know this is old but in case any one is searching. I used then Nov 2021 and again yesterday, April 2023. Fantastic both times. Yesterday the winds from SE were too high and too wavy to go south to the popular Columbia or Palancar reefs. They contacted me night before to see if interested in switching to group or private jeep excursion with possibility of shore snorkeling instead. But luckily morning of they decided to go out but to closer reefs if folk were willing for changed itinerary. We went to Paradise Reef, Dzul Ha, the artificial reef and Jacques Cousteau statue near Sand Dollar Sports, and one other location our guide called Paradise Reef Dipper. All were drift/move snorkels where the boat followed us. We covered quite a lot of ground. Guide kept us moving. Very calm. Saw divers at 3 sites. Paradise and Dzul Ha were fantastic both fish and reef/fans and others quite good. As closer shorter excursion, only about 3 hours from their dock. Still prepared the pico de gallo and guacamole fresh and served with chips at end. Waters, soda, and beer offered. There was no one at their dock when we got back but shortly Carla's daughter showed up and transportation arranged. I'm not really a hang out at sandbar person so I enjoyed just snorkeling more. I'd definitely book with them again.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...