Cancelling due to protocols

I did not read all the postings here, but I was "concerned" as there are 8 of us to be cruising the 9th of January. Of the few postings I did read, and the canceling, I decided to contact my cruise agent here where I live. I let her know my concern of what I had "read," and this is what she told me.  She had just cruised on RCL in September, and a RCL Rep was just at their agency, and this is what they said the restrictions were. You HAD to be vaccinated. Yes, RCL would like for everyone to BOOK their cruises, before getting off at these ports, but it is not mandatory. They just want to make sure everyone is on the ship when it gets ready to leave, as they will NOT wait for anyone, and this I do understand.

11 hours ago, mpdog42 said:

Just saw where in San Juan, You have to show Vaccine status when you arrive at your hotel, also Restaurants can also request to see proof....sounds like to NYC to me....😠

Or sounds like most of the rest of the world

Everywhere in Europe we show our proof of vaccination (or negative test taken that day). Hotels, restaurants, cinemas, museums - basically anywhere inside, other than a shop. 

• Like 2

Not to repeat my issues with the 4 cabins that I have booked on Anthem Easter sail.  Got 3 Granddaughters one in each cabin and they are afraid of the jab.  Based on suggestion from the Oasis Loyalty Ambassador, I e-mailed Royal Guest Experience Unit.

After 2.5 weeks, I received some nebulous response and a couple of sentences made me unease.

1.  All applied certificates will be held on the booking that they have been applied to and are not applicable to be transferred or refunded.

2.  Vaccination and testing requirements can vary by port of departure, along with the time that your cruise will sail.

Can someone translate what this individual is saying especially with item 1.