Mardi Gras Review

Terre

4 hours ago, Terre said:

We've sailed Carnival more than any other line, but this one is one of those "been there, done that" ship.

Different cruisers have different priorities when it comes to cruising.  Newbies will be more interested in the ports, while some experienced cruisers that have been to many ports on multiple occasions will be more interested in the ship.  Many people like to relax on their balcony and their cabin is important, while others use their cabin to sleep and shower so the ship is more important.

Obviously the cabin you choose is of importance to you, whereas the ship is much more important to me.  You have basically said that the MG is a one and done for you and you're fully entitled to your opinion, just like there are many that swear by the Fantasy and Spirit Class and they swear off of any ship over 100 K tons.  I on the other hand have cruised on every Class of ship that Carnival has had since 1986 and unless i am going to be going on a bucket list destination on Carnival, every Class below the Excel Class is in my rear view mirror.

With all of the choices with regards to eating, drinking and entertainment as well as the size of the ship and the size of the Serenity area, the Excel Class is a game changer for Carnival, they have finally upped their game and are closer to competing with the newer builds from Royal and NCL.   I currently have 2 B2B's booked on the MG in 2022 and a five day on the Celebration in 2023.  Even though it was a one and done for you, it'll be at least 33 days enjoying all that she has to offer for me.

On 11/14/2021 at 12:05 AM, SNJCruisers said:

Even though it was a one and done for you, it'll be at least 33 days enjoying all that she has to offer for me.

MG has a lot to offer in the way of food and entertainment.  Like I said, I felt the entertainment is a step above for Carnival and there are so many food venues that you need two or three cruises to get to them all.  You just can't beat Carnival on good and MG has great food.  I liked the MG, I just feel we have outgrown Carnival as a whole.  Thank you for your input.

• Like 1