First Time Celebrity & First Time Alaska

eltigre

Looks like we may make it  May 29th.2022 and after 2 cancelled tries, I am now seriously looking for info. The eclipse is the ship, balcony  is the cabin, 7 day Hubbard from Vancouver is the cruise.

A link to all the necessary info please. There must be a page of info on their site somewhere?

Around the ship during the day I am thinking it's slacks, jeans with long sleeve tops. 

I wanted to know about dress for the MDR dinner and also for the Chic nights.  Dresses & dress pants/collared shirt is our normal.Too much? Too little?   

All the talk online about the grass area & BBQ's, bars etc. outdoors. I'm thinking is a no go? Rain, fog,cold 🙂

Does Celebrity still fill the cabin fridge? If so and we have the basic beverage plan is there a fee to use it?

Will wine, beer & rum drinkers need to upgrade if we aren't that particular? Is there coke? That I'm particular 🙂

Can we bring soda or wine onboard?

Room service breakfast, is there a fee or just a tip?

Only one tour on this trip, is it a 3 hour  Hubbard Glacier Wilderness Tour or the 7 hr Tracy Arm Fiord & Glacier ...Please HELP. 

May is very early for Tracy Arm.  There is a big chance that it could be changed to Endicott Arm.  If this is not a big deal,  this is a great trip.

No fee for room service unless it is after midnight, I think.  You are good to go for breakfast.  Tip is up to you.

If you look on the web site, there is a list of the liquors etc.  It has mine, Myer's Dark Rum!!  Not sure if they have Coke or Pepsi products.  It is listed under the beverage plans.  I can't remember exactly how to get you there.  Sorry.  

I wore jeans and sweaters to MDR on Holland America and a nice dress with pumps for chic night.  You will see some underdressed and others  fancier.  I brought a wrap for the MDR.

• Thanks 1

Dress around the ship during the day is whatever you're comfortable in (but no bathing suits in the MDR). What you mentioned for dinner dress is just fine, and I'll note that Alaskan cruises tend to be more casual.

Chic nights tend to be more suggestion than anything else. You might see tuxedos and lots of bling. You might just see a few folks in a blazer. You might see me dressed pretty much like I am every other evening. 🤣

There was Coke on Summit. I suppose there will be on the other ships. 

• Thanks 1

Just a few random comments:

May tends to be one of the drier months for south east Alaska.  Late May is a great time to visit.

Dress on Alaska itineraries tends to be more casual than on other itineraries, with the exception of Antartica sailings.  This seems to be true no matter which cruise line.

The beverage package will not cover items from your mini-bar.  And the soda brands will be coke products.  The classic beverage package also covers Lattes and so forth at Cafe al Bacio.  The celebrity website has a list of items the classic package covers.

• Thanks 1