Panorama in December

peggisue

We just got off the Panorama last weekend and had a fabulous time.    We are looking at booking her again the first week in December.   However, it was a little cool on the first and last day on the ship.    I'm curious if anyone has any experience cruising in December if we will even be able to sit outside on the first and last day?      Just trying to make up my mind if we want to go at this time of year or hold off until a little bit later. 

Thanks for your help.

I live in SoCal and if you felt the first and last days were cool last week, then December will likely be way too cold.  It's possible a warm front could hit and it might be in the 80s during the day, but will more likely be windy and cold out there on the water on those days.  Definitely not pool weather until at least day two.  So if you don't want to have to bundle up on those days, you might want to wait and book sometime in March or April.  We are expected to have a dry and warmer winter this year, but the temps can still be pretty inconsistent week-to-week between now and March.  

That being said, if you don't mind a day or two of possibly chilly weather, the rest of the cruise should be lovely and warm.  

• Like 1

If you can find a chair that is in the sun that does not have any wind then you should be ok.  We sailed the the last week in November a couple of years ago on the Miracle and on the last sea day found lounge chairs in Serenity with no wind and in the sun and it was pleasant.  However, as soon as you got into the shade or if you had any wind it was cold.  The last sea day is always rocky and windy as I think you are bucking the current as you head north. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, ajpmom said:

I have gone to Mexico in the beginning of October and it has been so hot you didn't want to walk outside. It always changes

Yes but we are talking the first and last day off the California coast, not while in Mexico. I came through in April once and everyone was covered it towels the last sea sea day ..... December will be worse than April. 

23 minutes ago, kitsbks said:

I am happy that your cruise want so good. 

Please tell me if you got a new FUN TIME every day or did you use your phone.

I am asking because we do not take our phones.

You'll have to seek out the fun times - they are not put in your room. I think I saw them at Java Blue last month. If you have ATD they are pretty adamant that you check-in on your phones.

• Like 1