Miami Port Covid test

nina_930

Forgive me if this has already been asked.  There was only so far back in the posts I could go without getting cross eyed.  We will be sailing from Miami and I've seen other posts of people testing the day before at other ports.  Is this offered at every port?  I'd love to just get it over and done with this way we don't have to worry about the results.  Does anyone know where to go to get tested?  Do we go to the port and they direct us to the location, or will this be stated in our registration e-mail?  Also, how do you get your results after testing?  TIA!

52 minutes ago, nina_930 said:

Forgive me if this has already been asked.  There was only so far back in the posts I could go without getting cross eyed.  We will be sailing from Miami and I've seen other posts of people testing the day before at other ports.  Is this offered at every port?  I'd love to just get it over and done with this way we don't have to worry about the results.  Does anyone know where to go to get tested?  Do we go to the port and they direct us to the location, or will this be stated in our registration e-mail?  Also, how do you get your results after testing?  TIA!

NCL requires you to be tested at the port on embarkation day and administers an antigen test there. You can't take that test on an earlier day.  NCL also encourages you to take a PCR test within 96 hours of embarkation, but that test is not required.

Some cruises, such as those to Bermuda may require other testing such as a PCR test no earlier than 96 hours prior to embarkation and you must apply for and receive a travel authorization from that country (I know that NCL doesn't sail to Bermuda from Miami... I'm just using it as an example of a cruise destination that requires testing beyond NCL's test requirement. Other countries may have similar requirements.)

You will get instructions from NCL as to when and where to report for your antigen test and they will advise you of the antigen results before you board...because you can't board until you've been cleared with a negative test.

Edited by njhorseman
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

I sailed out of Miami two weeks ago. NCL (and CVS) administers a rapid antigen test. Then you wait in an area in front of a monitor and wait about 15 minutes for your test results. Then you get a red bracelet which allows you to leave the area. It all went very smoothly for us, and it was a great cruise!

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2