Embarkation time for Divina in Port Canaveral

Heather1972

Looks like people for 11/21/21 cruise on Divina out of Port Canaveral have embarkation times ranging from 2 to 3 pm. Ship docks at 7 am. Is the cruise terminal really sticking with that late time frame, or can we arrive earlier? Yes I know not at 7 am lol. 

When we sailed on Divina September 16, We arrived at our assigned time. Did not see anyone get turned away.  Seemed they were just checking at the entrance to see if you were listed on the manifest and had the required documents, then went through security check point and then to the check-in desk to have our photo taken, passport checked along with keeping a copy of our health form and looking at our CDC card and proof of the negative COVID-19 test. We got lucky and boarded in about 25 minutes.  The computers went down a few minutes after we got on board.  Some folks waited over 2 hours to get on the ship.

1 hour ago, Heather1972 said:

Looks like people for 11/21/21 cruise on Divina out of Port Canaveral have embarkation times ranging from 2 to 3 pm. Ship docks at 7 am. Is the cruise terminal really sticking with that late time frame, or can we arrive earlier? Yes I know not at 7 am lol. 

read the thread below...there is a lengthy discussion on thoughts about the 3 PM check-in time.

I was on Divina 10/17 to 10/24, and participated in an online discussion group before the cruise.  Everyone started with a 2pm embarkation time.  Then, about two weeks before the cruise many of us started getting new emailed boarding documents with different times.  I think I got a total of 12 emails with at least three different times- others got a lot more.  Times ranged from 11 am to 3 pm.  So what you see now is probably not what you will end up with.  

No one that I'm aware of was asked to wait - everyone was checked in as they arrived without issue.  I am pretty sure no one at the port looked closely enough at the boarding pass to notice the time...they were much more concerned with the vaccination card and test results document.

Apologies if its covered in that thread referenced above - I didn't want to go through all the replies.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, morrieb1 said:

I was on Divina 10/17 to 10/24, and participated in an online discussion group before the cruise.  Everyone started with a 2pm embarkation time.  Then, about two weeks before the cruise many of us started getting new emailed boarding documents with different times.  I think I got a total of 12 emails with at least three different times- others got a lot more.  Times ranged from 11 am to 3 pm.  So what you see now is probably not what you will end up with.  

No one that I'm aware of was asked to wait - everyone was checked in as they arrived without issue.  I am pretty sure no one at the port looked closely enough at the boarding pass to notice the time...they were much more concerned with the vaccination card and test results document.

Apologies if its covered in that thread referenced above - I didn't want to go through all the replies.

Funny you say this about your time getting changed.

Mine has been 3 pm since I booked and paid for the 11/14 sailing but today I received an email changing it to 12:30 which was about the time we were going to get to that area so it works out better than 3 pm.

But now I’m going to wait to print out the new docs just in case they decide to change it again. 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, styles27 said:

Funny you say this about your time getting changed.

Mine has been 3 pm since I booked and paid for the 11/14 sailing but today I received an email changing it to 12:30 which was about the time we were going to get to that area so it works out better than 3 pm.

But now I’m going to wait to print out the new docs just in case they decide to change it again. 

Personally, I'd print that boarding pass and use it if that's the time you want.  I assure you its been done before 😉

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, morrieb1 said:

Personally, I'd print that boarding pass and use it if that's the time you want.  I assure you its been done before 😉

Great minds think alike! 

I thought the same thing after thinking about it I ended up printing it!😀

Well what do you know just did my first of 3 daily checks of my reservation and our embarkation time was moved again now to 11:30. (Our original was 3pm)

Thinking they’re not expecting a lot of passengers this sailing. 

AE69E1EE-2676-4C93-A8C8-89F8C838182D.jpeg

Edited by styles27

45 minutes ago, styles27 said:

How do I print the new docs from “my cruise” ?

Of course MSC didn’t send me an email with this new info so I don’t have their link to print from. 

Go into your Web Checkin, like you're going to edit something, then hit next a couple times until you get to the documents.  Mine aren't ready yet, so I can't tell you exactly, but you should get to a point to download them.

58 minutes ago, styles27 said:

Well what do you know just did my first of 3 daily checks of my reservation

😆😆😆 ok, legitimately cracking up.. I read this and went to check on mine (for which I should have no reason to since I have not received any email communication of any change...) and my 3pm has changed to 12:30...  BWHAHAAHAAHAH.  

image.png.3011597eafc52efba264639948b8d475.png

Edited by Morgsmom
msc silliness
  • Haha 2

9 minutes ago, Morgsmom said:

😆😆😆 ok, legitimately cracking up.. I read this and went to check on mine (for which I should have no reason to since I have not received any email communication of any change...) and my 3pm has changed to 12:30...  BWHAHAAHAAHAH.  

lol ya gotta laught right?!!

Just a heads up my first time change went from 3 pm to 12:30 as well and now today it’s 11:30. 
Heck if they keep moving my time up I may end up on your sailing after all!🤣

**At least we won’t be “breaking the rules” now when we arrive early as we’ll actually be following their instructions lol

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

49 minutes ago, Morgsmom said:

That's right folks...we have another winner!!!

You know I had to go and check mine.

I'm now at 12 Noon!!!

Of course I can't print my docs, and the two they have sent me since yesterday evening still say 3. but there is hope yet.

Capture2.JPG

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Native Floridian 26 said:

Go into your Web Checkin, like you're going to edit something, then hit next a couple times until you get to the documents.  Mine aren't ready yet, so I can't tell you exactly, but you should get to a point to download them.

Thank you! I tried that and it’s now saying my docs aren’t ready to print yet. Even though I  printed out my original docs a couple of weeks ago. 🤦🏻‍♀️

Maybe they’re going to upgrade my room and they’re waiting for that to happen before releasing new documents?
Nah that’s way too high tech for MSC’s system, they don’t think that far ahead lol

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Fla Mike said:

That's right folks...we have another winner!!!

You know I had to go and check mine.

I'm now at 12 Noon!!!

Of course I can't print my docs, and the two they have sent me since yesterday evening still say 3. but there is hope yet.

Capture2.JPG

Yay!!

I really wish that cc member who was “type yelling in bold print” at all of us last week would chime in now. lol 😜

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

11AM for me beeches 😁 I'll save you all a seat.

I have boarding documents from 6 weeks ago but cannot generate new ones because my documents are not ready.....anymore. I think it is to do with registering a CC because it errors out when I try to avoid doing this.

I will not believe this cruise until I am stepping off it at the end of the week. FFS.

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

11 minutes ago, quattrohead said:

11AM for me beeches 😁 I'll save you all a seat.

I have boarding documents from 6 weeks ago but cannot generate new ones because my documents are not ready.....anymore. I think it is to do with registering a CC because it errors out when I try to avoid doing this.

I will not believe this cruise until I am stepping off it at the end of the week. FFS.

lol

I did get this email from them at 9:15 this morning (it’s actually 10:15 but can’t figure out how to change the time zone on my email acct) don’t judge I’m actually very computer savvy it’s the dumb site not me lol 🤣

Anywho…it claims they sent it because of the following changes listed but I didn’t change anything!🤷🏻‍♀️  Everything is the same except the boarding time which they don’t even list on the attached document lol

65DE9FC7-5E58-4CE5-B2E5-010D82CD85A6.jpeg

Edited by styles27

I showed up early for Davina in September and they let me go thru, but there were only about 800 people on that cruise. I suspect how strict they are about boarding times depends on how full the ship is and how many check-in clerks are available.

• Like 1