NCL Premium Air

kevin&randall

I've searched through other threads and not seen anyone talk about NCL Premium Air.   Has anyone used this?

The types of customized flight itinerary requests handled by the Premium Air Service Desk are date deviations, nonstop service, specific airline, specific flights or specific departure time, stopovers, upgrades to business or first class and gateways not offered in the Air Sea program.

Would this invalidate the buy one/get one free air I have on our Greece cruise in 2022?

https://www.ncl.com/freestyle-cruise/premium-air

• Like 1

From the current promo's T&C page (emphasis mine) on BOGO air:

Air offer applies to economy, round-trip flights from select departure gateways only and will automatically apply.

If you are looking at anything other than economy, I'd say book your own air instead of booking with the cruise line.

7 hours ago, Selion said:

If you are looking at anything other than economy, I'd say book your own air instead of booking with the cruise line.

eh not necessarily.  For our cruise last week Delta gave us the option for upgrades and seat changes.  They also didn't charge us for checked bags.  I can't speak for other airlines but Delta is outstanding in this regard.  

• Like 1

2 hours ago, CruizinKittie40 said:

eh not necessarily.  For our cruise last week Delta gave us the option for upgrades and seat changes.  They also didn't charge us for checked bags.  I can't speak for other airlines but Delta is outstanding in this regard.  

Yes, you can usually choose your seats, but it depends on the airline - you have to go to the airline website.  Upgrades may also be available, especially if you have status with the airline. On my last trip there were 6 legs - for 4 of them, I selected my seat as soon as I got my flight info.  I paid a little to upgrade 1 seat (and bid on a cabin upgrade), waited to 24 hrs pre-cruise to select the other. 

1 (or more) free checked bag is standard for international flights but you normally have to pay for bags for domestic trips, unless you have airline or credit card perks.

I have NCL's BOGO air for my December cruise.  My outbound flights are on United and inbound flights are on Delta.  While Delta offers the option to pay with money or miles for upgrades to either Comfort+ or First, United only has mileage option to upgrade to First and it's currently waitlisted (Econ+ can be paid for with money).

Let's say you book NCL BOGO air and looking to upgrade, then you are at the mercy of NCL air department and see what airlines they put you on.  You also can't change the flights' schedule and routing with BOGO air, at least not that I'm aware of.  If I'm looking to fly in First or Business class, I'd want more control over my flights.

Edit:  You also won't find out which airlines NCL booked you on until 45 days out and tickets are issued.  Once tickets are issued, there's no refund on the air portion.  You can't even just add NCL air then wait to see if the airlines they booked allow paid upgrade.

Edited by Selion
  • Like 1

The OP is not asking about the typical free or reduced fare airfare offer that is usually discussed on this forum.  

Premium Air is a higher level offering where NCL coordinates more personalized travel (first class, stop over cities, etc.)

Check the link that the OP provided. 

• Like 1

On 10/29/2021 at 1:02 PM, kevin&randall said:

I've searched through other threads and not seen anyone talk about NCL Premium Air.   Has anyone used this?

The types of customized flight itinerary requests handled by the Premium Air Service Desk are date deviations, nonstop service, specific airline, specific flights or specific departure time, stopovers, upgrades to business or first class and gateways not offered in the Air Sea program.

Would this invalidate the buy one/get one free air I have on our Greece cruise in 2022?

https://www.ncl.com/freestyle-cruise/premium-air

This is a great question. I'd 100% buy a BOGO offer then pay for a premium air service that let me pick everything. I also want to know if this is a thing.

10 hours ago, chillyw said:

This is a great question. I'd 100% buy a BOGO offer then pay for a premium air service that let me pick everything. I also want to know if this is a thing.

I doubt you can use the BOGO offers to get cheap flights and then use the premium service to modify it for the better.  I suspect you have to work with the Premium Air people from the start on your transport.  Basically, they are offering to be a full travel agent for you for a price.  Call or email them and ask what they can do for you.  The contact info is on the webpage linked by the OP.

Edited by MeHeartCruising
  • Like 2

• 4 months later...

NCL Air Promotions/Premium Air is a total joke,  I am paying more for airfare though NCL they buying direct through the airlines (Delta, United, American) and I have to pay for baggage and seat assignments.  I've talked to my PCC, Air Promotions, and Resolutions Dept and they simply don't care, they all play dumb.  I've always been happy with my cruise experiences, but Airfare, never ever again through NCL.  You may luck out but buyer beware!

• Like 1

To be clear @dankruse are you doing the BOGO offer or did you use NCL Premium Air?  If you read the rest of the thread, the Premium Air allows you some control over the flights, but I don't think it assures a savings over self-booking airfare.

7 hours ago, dankruse said:

and I have to pay for baggage and seat assignments.

You thought they'd give those to you at no cost?  I always factor baggage fees when considering airfare.  For my recent cruise I flew Southwest.  They didn't have the lowest base fare, but when you factor in the free bag they were competitive.