Help please on an upgrade question.

devonuk

I’ve been offered a cabin below the blank area highlighted on the Riviera deck and I’m wondering if anyone has suffered noise issues etc. in this area. My fear is that the blank area may be pumps or machinery for the aft pool on the Lido deck. Thanks. 
650E6212-F8C4-4E02-A26F-3DA3ED2FAD97.thumb.jpeg.28f408047da1ad0beeba852aeece9034.jpeg

1 hour ago, nini said:

This could be an engine room. We were in one on the Crown Princess, and it was horribly noisy 24/7. We will not do that again.

I agree ... it could have noisy machinery.  We were in a cabin on the Aloha deck once and there was a valve to fill the pool and / or hot tub right behind our wall.  Yikes ... we called the front desk and asked to be moved.  They sent maintenance up and the shaking and thumping sound stopped while he was there only to start up again when he left.  We called again and the guy came to our room just as the whole wall behind the headboard just shook like crazy ... aha!!  

They couldn't move us but they did adjust the schedule for the pump.  Thank goodness because it would have been a long miserable sailing had they not been able to do that.  

I'd be fearful of taking any room under, over or beside a potentially noisy area ever again.  

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, clueless2 said:

It's not the engine room.   They're down under the water line.  This is the Riviera Deck.  The same space above it on the Lido deck is also blank.  My guess would be something to do with the Marketplace (storage??).

Thanks guys 👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻

On 11/1/2021 at 3:14 PM, Cruise Raider said:

I agree ... it could have noisy machinery.  We were in a cabin on the Aloha deck once and there was a valve to fill the pool and / or hot tub right behind our wall.  

Hello @Cruise Raider.  Could you please comment on the room #?  We are looking at some cabins across from a white space on this deck but are hesitant as we don’t know what’s there. Hoping it’s a staging area for the crew. Thank you. 

Curious to know if there are any maps of the blank spaces somewhere? There must be something at least for safety reasons so that crew can find their way out (i'm assuming like the diagrams you get on the back of a hotel door to help you escape in a fire). And surely crew need to be able to find their way around when they're new a ship.

On 11/2/2021 at 3:29 PM, *Miss G* said:

Hello @Cruise Raider.  Could you please comment on the room #?  We are looking at some cabins across from a white space on this deck but are hesitant as we don’t know what’s there. Hoping it’s a staging area for the crew. Thank you. 

It's been such a long time now but seem to remember it was midship on the Aloha deck and thought we'd be ok because it was an inside cabin right under one of the pools ... not the pool deck....must have been on a Grand class ship.  Once they adjusted the schedule to refill the pool and hot tubs, it wasn't a problem any longer.  

BTW, the white space behind our cabin wasn't across from a white space but a very narrow white space just between our cabin and the cabin on the opposite side of the ship.  There wasn't enough room for the crew to be doing anything there, just pipes and vents.  

Most large white spaces are crew areas and some are room service areas.  I would definitely stay away from those, too.  

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Cruise Raider said:

It's been such a long time now but seem to remember it was midship on the Aloha deck and thought we'd be ok because it was an inside cabin right under one of the pools ... not the pool deck....must have been on a Grand class ship.  Once they adjusted the schedule to refill the pool and hot tubs, it wasn't a problem any longer.  

BTW, the white space behind our cabin wasn't across from a white space but a very narrow white space just between our cabin and the cabin on the opposite side of the ship.  There wasn't enough room for the crew to be doing anything there, just pipes and vents.  

Most large white spaces are crew areas and some are room service areas.  I would definitely stay away from those, too.  

Thank you, Cruise Raider. Very helpful.

• Like 1

On 11/2/2021 at 11:16 AM, clueless2 said:

It's not the engine room.   They're down under the water line.  This is the Riviera Deck.  The same space above it on the Lido deck is also blank.  My guess would be something to do with the Marketplace (storage??).

We were NOT under the water line and it was and engine room of some sort and extremely noisy. The shop was full, so no other options.