How are Royals covid regulations different from Carnivals?

We normally sail on carnival and went on the new Mardi Gras recently.  We are thinking of booking on maybe Royal Caribbean for

another cruise in January or February.  However there is a 1 year old in our group.  With Carnival, that prevented us from getting

off the ship unless we were on a bubble tour.  Also, camp Carnival was closed and there was no child care available.  Without reading

the boards and searching for regulations, can anyone tell me what the covid procedures are for children on Royal? Is there child care on

board?  Are kids allowed to leave the ship?  Thanks!!

4 hours ago, sharon&family said:

…  there is a 1 year old in our group.  With Carnival, that prevented us from getting off the ship unless we were on a bubble tour.   …   Is there child care on board?  ?  Are kids allowed to leave the ship?  Thanks!!

Check Royal’s Healthy Sail section on their website..  You can check current protocols by departure port.

No one knows what the protocols will be in January or February yet - but currently many require a Royal Caribbean shore excursion for unvaccinated children to leave the ship.   For instance, here is an excerpt for Florida Departures: 

Tours Required for Families With Unvaccinated Children
Families traveling with unvaccinated kids must purchase a local tour through Royal Caribbean if they wish to go ashore in ports of call. This applies to all ports of call except Perfect Day at CocoCay, and Port Canaveral, Florida. Vaccinated parents wishing to go ashore freely can visit our youth facilities onboard to learn about drop off program hours and availability, and reserve time for their child on the day they wish to go in port.”. 

Edited by BSocial

4 minutes ago, sharon&family said:

So does this mean that my child can go on any tour through Royal Caribbean?  Or do they have bubble tours like Carnival where there is only one offered at each location?  Do they have child care for a 1 year old where I can pay for babysitting?

We only have one sailing booked on RC at the moment, but it's coming up fairly soon (January).  I haven't seen anything designated as a "bubble tour" or anything otherwise distinguishing one tour from another.  There may be age restrictions, though that's always been the case.

I know that there has been some sort of child care for children under 3 in the past (3 and over and potty trained always had Adventure Ocean, at least pre-covid).  I have no idea what's available right now, though.  There's a little blurb about it HERE, but not a lot of details (other than ships that don't have it).

We just got off the Liberty on Sunday.  There were no bubble tours offered on that cruise.  We did have maybe 20 or so kids aboard that were too young to be vaccinated but not sure what they did in port.  We did not see them in port areas or on our only seniors ship tour.  I did watch some returning to the ship from our balcony but have no idea what they did. I did see a staff member herding her young charges around and saw several at dinner in the MDR where they obviously had been to a costume making gathering.  We left the ship Sunday, Halloween.