Embarkation and "B2B" Days under Covid

DCPIV

DW noticed this in yesterday's email:

The safety drill's first phase must now be completed by viewing and acknowledging the safety drill video on the 'My Cruise' app or on your in-suite TV. This first step must be completed upon arrival in your suite to enable you to be pre-assigned to a group, time slot, and muster station for phase two of the drill.

What is this app?  We've not found anything.  Is it something that's coming (or gone)?  In any case, we are happy about the revised muster process on this and other lines.

55 minutes ago, Lois R said:

Hi, no time slots on any of my paperwork. The time listed is 14.00 (2.00)

Do you think the terminal building will be open at noon even if the check-in process starts well after? We have no problem waiting there but would like to avoid being trapped outside the building with no places to sit down!

1 hour ago, SSCAF001 said:

Do you think the terminal building will be open at noon even if the check-in process starts well after? We have no problem waiting there but would like to avoid being trapped outside the building with no places to sit down!

Hi, to be honest, I cannot remember birth 4.......not sure when/if I have sailed from there.  As for getting there at noon?  I will say go at your own risk........I honestly don't know if there will be an area for you to sit at noon or not.  Covid protocols make things so different than years past........I would suggest getting there closer to 1:30.   

2 hours ago, DCPIV said:

DW noticed this in yesterday's email:

The safety drill's first phase must now be completed by viewing and acknowledging the safety drill video on the 'My Cruise' app or on your in-suite TV. This first step must be completed upon arrival in your suite to enable you to be pre-assigned to a group, time slot, and muster station for phase two of the drill.

What is this app?  We've not found anything.  Is it something that's coming (or gone)?  In any case, we are happy about the revised muster process on this and other lines.

Hi,🙂 I have watched the safety video on the tv while I have unpacked on my last 3 cruises. Easy Peasy.

You will find out what time your Muster is at the end of the video. 

The only thing I have done on my phone is hooked up to the Silversea Wi-fi........(it is free😀).

• Thanks 1

23 hours ago, SSCAF001 said:

All our past SS experiences start with disembarkation early in the Port.Embarkation for next cruise usually 2 pm .However if you have loyalty days benefits with SS you are able to board from late morning onwards if you have requested early boarding when booking.We have not cruised since2019 due to Pandemic so cannot confirm the loyalty benefits still apply.

32 minutes ago, brimary said:

All our past SS experiences start with disembarkation early in the Port.Embarkation for next cruise usually 2 pm .However if you have loyalty days benefits with SS you are able to board from late morning onwards if you have requested early boarding when booking.We have not cruised since2019 due to Pandemic so cannot confirm the loyalty benefits still apply.

Hi,🙂 things have changed big time since 2019. Early boarding is no longer happening. I have sailed 3 times since July and all 3 sailings had 2:00 starting times, Covid Protocols/testing process have over ridden any early boarding benefits. Everyone goes through the same process.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Lois R said:

Hi,🙂 things have changed big time since 2019. Early boarding is no longer happening. I have sailed 3 times since July and all 3 sailings had 2:00 starting times, Covid Protocols/testing process have over ridden any early boarding benefits. Everyone goes through the same process.

The Covid protocols and 2pm boarding still apply and probably will do for some time to come, we certainly expect them to still be in effect by the time we join the 2022 WC.

5 minutes ago, SSCAF001 said:

Thanks @brimary, @Lois Rand @Silver Spectrefor your answers. I guess we will try not to arrive before 1 pm. I have not received my cruise ticket yet but I assume we will have the same timing for the Moon as you for the Whisper, i.e. 2 to 4 pm to check in. 

As far as I can tell tickets are sent out much later in Europe, we got ours on Saturday for the 19th Nov crossing on the Moon, about 2 weeks after those in the US got theirs. On that basis yours should come sometime next week.

1 minute ago, Silver Spectre said:

As far as I can tell tickets are sent out much later in Europe, we got ours on Saturday for the 19th Nov crossing on the Moon, about 2 weeks after those in the US got theirs. On that basis yours should come sometime next week.

Thanks for this information. Appreciate!