Dining options

sellwingri

I’m an experienced cruiser, mostly on Royal Caribbean, but took up an offer for a free cruise on Scarlet Lady in January.  I’ve been looking at the dining options and can’t seem to find any restaurant that serves basic breakfast fare like bacon, eggs, and pancakes.   I must be missing something.  Can anyone help?

14 hours ago, sellwingri said:

I’m an experienced cruiser, mostly on Royal Caribbean, but took up an offer for a free cruise on Scarlet Lady in January.  I’ve been looking at the dining options and can’t seem to find any restaurant that serves basic breakfast fare like bacon, eggs, and pancakes.   I must be missing something.  Can anyone help?

There is an option at the Galley (the "not a buffet") that does this type of breakfast, called Diner & Dash. There is a menu here: https://cruisespotlight.com/virgin-voyages-restaurant-and-bar-menus-with-prices

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Room service also has some basic breakfast items.  I know they have Nutella french toast with was delicious but I’m not sure about pancakes.  $5 charge if you are not in a rockstar suite but you can alway offset that by purchasing an up charge beverage.  You can even get alcohol (every time we order it, it came in a can) and put it in your fridge for later.

On 11/6/2021 at 7:45 AM, Chamoretta said:

Room service also has some basic breakfast items.  I know they have Nutella french toast with was delicious but I’m not sure about pancakes.  $5 charge if you are not in a rockstar suite but you can alway offset that by purchasing an up charge beverage.  You can even get alcohol (every time we order it, it came in a can) and put it in your fridge for later.

Is room service free in the morning if you just order coffee? 

On 11/7/2021 at 1:41 PM, sellwingri said:

Is room service free in the morning if you just order coffee? 

There is a $5 service fee no matter what time of day.  If you order a item that is an additional charge then there is no service fee added. If you are in a rock star suite that service fee is waived. 

3 hours ago, Jasukkie said:

While we are talking about dining...what were some standout menu items that you would recommend not to miss? And what were things you wished you had not chosen?

Are you talking in general, for breakfast or at a specific place?

9 hours ago, Chamoretta said:

Are you talking in general, for breakfast or at a specific place?

Just in general. I'm going soon, the choices look amazing but it's only a 5 night cruise so I'm interested in hearing about people's experiences with dining.

• Like 1

We liked the steak at Pink Agave.  The gnocchi at Extra Virgin.  We were pleasantly shocked by the vegan “fish and chips”!

The only thing that I remember eating and saying I really didn’t care for it was the brussel sprout dish at Extra Virgin.

• Like 1

On 11/8/2021 at 6:18 PM, Jasukkie said:

While we are talking about dining...what were some standout menu items that you would recommend not to miss? And what were things you wished you had not chosen?

The lemon cheesecake at The Wake was delicious.  

• Like 1

On 11/8/2021 at 7:18 PM, Jasukkie said:

The razor clam chowder at the Wake. The $30 "treat yourself" item at Pink Agave featuring lobster, fish, and scallops. The beef carpaccio at Extra Virgin. In fact, everything at Extra Virgin was above and beyond... The chicken sandwich at Razzle Dazzle is massive and great. I never had a single item on board that didn't meet or exceed my expectations... 

• Like 2