Norwegian to announce indefinite extension of 100% vaccinated cruises

muffin

Just got an email to this effect from CC . States announcement will be done very shortly. Includes children 5 and over and will extend to younger when officially sanctioned.  All three Norwegian lines.  Do hope other lines follow their lead.  Reads well. See your inbox.

• Like 10
  • Thanks 1

From the CNN article:

Norwegian Cruise Line Holdings Ltd.'s vaccine requirement will remain in place "indefinitely," president and CEO Frank Del Rio said Wednesday on the company's third quarter earnings call.

There are no exemptions, including no age-related exemptions, to the 100% vaccination requirement.  Tuesday's news that the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention approved children ages 5 through 11 to be vaccinated was welcome.

It "will allow for an expanded group of 100% vaccinated guests, especially families to sail on our brand," Del Rio said.

Edited by capriccio
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

I, for one, am happy to hear this.  It might upset others but I feel a little more secure (though never 100%).  I will be sailing in Dec with my hubby and daughter.  Despite 100% vaccinated cruise, we will keep to ourselves, will not socialize (nothing personal to others, just safer that way) and enjoy each other's company. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

I am thrilled that NCL remains a fully vaccinated cruise line.  As a parent of two kids between 5-11, we weren’t going to take a cruise vacation before they were vaccinated so I had no issue with NCL basically banning us from cruises this fall.  We did reserve a spring break 2022 cruise and were just going to wait and see about the vaccinations before paying our final payment.  We are now a full go for spring break!  I look forward getting back on a “big boat” as my kids call it and feel good knowing that NCL is promoting safety over hyperbole.

• Like 6

In addition to NCL requiring that all passengers be vaccinated, many of their ports of call (especially in the Caribbean) are also requiring that all visitors be vaccinated so this becomes a double win.

I am happy that NCL extended the requirement for fully vaccinated cruises.  I do understand that some people are hesitant about the vaccine for themselves and/or their children and it is their choice to not be vaccinated.  It's just that at this time, because of their decision,  they will not be able to cruise with NCL and will need to find another vacation.  I, for one, feel much safer cruising on a fully vaccinated ship.

• Like 5

I think this is fantastic news. I, for one, prefer to hang out with people who are vaccinated.

I recognize how difficult it is to be unable to share the fun of cruising with your family, if you have young children. But does it make sense to expose those vulnerable precious little ones to this ugly disease?

Although I have cruised Royal more than NCL, I lean toward booking more NCL because of this policy. Just off the Breakaway yesterday and it was unusual to cruise without small children on board, but it was reassuring to know there was a markedly reduced chance of getting sick on board. It was the cruise experience I've missed so much during this long shutdown period.

43 minutes ago, bkrickles1 said:

I'm also happy about this.

I booked the 1/15/2022 Joy sailing out of Miami with my wife and 21 year old daughter about 5 months ago and convinced my sister in-law to also book even though she has 2 girls, 7 & 8, and they weren't eligible at the time. We believed the scientists and thought there was a good chance the vaccines would be there for the kids before our sailing.

Our final payment date is 11/16 and my sister in- law would have cancelled if this great news hadn't happened last week. 

But it did and my wife and I are thrilled to cruise with our nieces and other family members in a 100% vaccinated environment.

The kids are now scheduled for their shots and will be fully compliant with what NCL has very smartly implemented.

I do hope NCL has their kids programs up and running even though it's likely that there won't be many children under 12 sailing yet in mid January. 

Edit: Also, I don't think anyone here should waste their time answering Cruisin*4*fun

Please, one comment since 2012. an obvious troll.

We waited until last week to book our Spring Break cruise on Joy this year once the vaccine became approved and we are happy that they are extending the 100% vaccine requirements for NCL.  Enjoy your upcoming cruise with your family. 

I don't see them failing and if anything, I find them adding value by doing this, TBH.  I find this catering to a good majority of the clientele who want the safest cruise possible and now if they choose to vaccinate their children, can cruise with less risk.

• Like 1