Flying to USA to cruise from Port Everglades.

Reina del Mar

5 minutes ago, mom says said:

Note the bolded part.  OP is coming from the UK.  Most likely this has the same limitations as the Binax proctored test- they won't accept orders from people living outside the US, and/or with CCs  from outside the US. Canadians have been trying to do this for months with no success.

I did notice that the OP is from the UK, but thought that if the tests were sent to a hotel in Fort Lauderdale, that would fulfill the "U.S.-based" (as opposed to "U.S. citizens") requirement.  Maybe a Canadian snowbird who is in Florida for the season would have experience with getting tests sent to their Florida mailing address and could add some insight?

1 hour ago, Lizabu said:

I’m from Canada and I’ve been following this topic closely and I’ve been watching Don from Dons family vacations on YouTube and his experience and he has mentioned that it can be a challenge for someone who is no from the USA to get a test in Florida. We have opted to fly in the day before our cruise and use the same test we get in Canada to board the ship. I know if there were specific sites you wanted to see in Fort Lauderdale, you might not want to do that. We’re happy to just have a meal somewhere and maybe pop into a Walgreens to buy a few odds and ends. I’ve heard people say that people in Florida are not wearing masks as militantly as we are here in Ontario and I’m not trying to get infected before I even get to my ship so I’m ok with just passing through.

So true!!

3 hours ago, PacnGoNow said:

You may want to try the Nomi Health testing site at the FLL airport. $59 for the Rapid antigen test, IF you will be arriving 

2 days before the cruise?  It is not

hours, they go by days.  
https://www.broward.org/airport/passengers/flights/advisories/pages/default.aspx

Move down till you see Covid testing Ft Lauderdale airport.  They will email results to you.  It takes about 30 mins for results.  Could be even shorter, some are back in 15 mins.

Depends when your flying in.  Another option would be take hotel shuttle to the airport, if you’re 2 days before or 1 day before…take the test.  IF you’re staying near the airport.  The port & airport are very close.  You uber or use your hotel shuttle, if they offer a shuttle, most do.

Another backup:  Not far from the port.

https://centerforcovidcontro/

Testing Sight:

Center for Covid Control

300 W Sunrise Blvd Unit 8, Fort Lauderdale, FL, 33311

If you click on their website…. it is

free.  Also for International patients.  You just need to bring your passport.  
The sites are listed by city alphabetically,

or use zip 33316

It says you can drive up or walk in

depending on your test.  No appointments, just come in.  So, this will be our backup plan.  

Last resort….at the port the day of sailing.

It would be helpful, if you would say when your landing before the cruise, where your staying, if close to port or airport, etc.

Hope this helps!

Welcome back to America!!!

Tonna

URL / Website error above.  Use this:

https://centerforcovidcontrol.org/

2 hours ago, mom says said:

Note the bolded part.  OP is coming from the UK.  Most likely this has the same limitations as the Binax proctored test- they won't accept orders from people living outside the US, and/or with CCs  from outside the US. Canadians have been trying to do this for months with no success.

2 hours ago, kamelia said:

I did notice that the OP is from the UK, but thought that if the tests were sent to a hotel in Fort Lauderdale, that would fulfill the "U.S.-based" (as opposed to "U.S. citizens") requirement.  Maybe a Canadian snowbird who is in Florida for the season would have experience with getting tests sent to their Florida mailing address and could add some insight?

Shipping to a US address gets around the shipping part.  From past reading of posts, the setup to perform the test and have monitoring requires a US phone number.  This can also be worked around if the visitor is getting a US cellular provider SIM card for local usage.  This is what we do when we are in USA for any length of time as roaming costs by Canadian cell providers are ridiculous rip-off (meanwhile, most US providers include Canada and Mexico in their plans now).  

There have been several suggestions for obtaining a test in the FLL/PE area, including free ones, so I would look to that route if not able to use a US phone number.

As for snowbirds, last season we used a local Walgreens to get a free PCR test.  By next spring, we likely won't need a test to return home which is the end of the current Winter season.  It's a lot easier to get a test locally when living in a city with a car, etc, versus someone flying in the day before a cruise who wouldn't normally be renting a car and such.  

47 minutes ago, Steelers36 said:

Shipping to a US address gets around the shipping part.  From past reading of posts, the setup to perform the test and have monitoring requires a US phone number. 

Thank you for your insight!  I was hoping that maybe this could be at least a potential back-up plan.  We have been told that the monitoring only requires in internet connection, which is why I will be buying a supply to take with us on an international trip in January to use prior to returning to the U.S. in February as I do not know how to arrange the necessary testing there myself (thus my empathy for Reina del Mar).  The point that 'mom says' raised, though, of not being able to use a credit card from outside the U.S. to pay for them would be a definite deal breaker.  

In a chat with the useless folks at Princess.

John Weimer 6:28:33 PM
Near port Covid testing at Ft Lauderdale. Is it up and running? If so, exactly where?
You are now chatting with Miriam
Miriam 6:28:43 PM
Thank you for visiting Princess Cruises Chat! My name is Miriam. Let me assist you with your concern.

John Weimer 6:29:37 PM
Please be specific. I will be sharing this with cruisecritics.com.
John Weimer 6:31:01 PM
Hello, Miriam. At this point this should not be a tough question. 🙂
Miriam 6:32:30 PM
Hi John, we do not have the exact location of the mobile testing sites near the port.
John Weimer 6:34:09 PM
You have a ship embarking from FT l tomorrow. That means the site should have been up and running yesterday. I'm sure you understand that hundreds of people are having problems with this.
Miriam 6:35:21 PM
Yes I understand John, the information on the website is the only information we have on hand.
John Weimer 6:36:44 PM
The FAQ has had the same info for several weeks. How do you expect anyone to use the site without details?
John Weimer 6:37:22 PM
I will sit quietly while you or your supervisor find useable details.
Miriam 6:37:28 PM
Accordingly, for guests who did not receive their test results within 2 days prior to their embarkation, we have mobile testing sites near our embarkation ports to conduct COVID-19 testing the day before, or day of, your cruise departure.
Miriam 6:37:42 PM
Please consider this as a back-up alternative should you not be able to make arrangements prior to leaving home.
John Weimer 6:38:43 PM
Of course - but where? Don't you understand how useless the FAQ is without details?

Miriam is typing a message...