Smart casual for men

sailoruk

Hubby and I are having a discussion about smart casual for him in the evenings,   presume shirt and trousers are fine,  but he also wears trousers I.e. cargoes.,   a few extra pockets etc  , would anyone know if these are acceptable???

7 hours ago, sailoruk said:

Hubby and I are having a discussion about smart casual for him in the evenings,   presume shirt and trousers are fine,  but he also wears trousers I.e. cargoes.,   a few extra pockets etc  , would anyone know if these are acceptable???

As long as they have a crease, and he is not carrying any spanners in the pockets he should be fine !

But really, surely he has a couple of ordinary chino type trousers he could wear?

9 hours ago, Kohima said:

Maybe controversial, but do people still put creases in casual trousers?!

If he wants to wear cargo trousers, he could at least put creases in them, to show that he is a guest, and not a plumber, come to fix the toilets! 

Much will depend on the cut.. some cargo trousers look more like baggy shell-suit bottoms with extra pockets, while others look as if the extra pockets are designed  for a mobile phone, pager and pen.

The first are casual, but not smart.

The latter should be smart-casual - (as long as they are not camouflage patterned.....).

The idea of smart-casual dress code is not so much a specified set of clothes, more to look as if you have been back to the cabin to change out of beach/pool/jogging/gym wear.

25 minutes ago, nosapphire said:

The idea of smart-casual dress code is not so much a specified set of clothes, more to look as if you have been back to the cabin to change out of beach/pool/jogging/gym wear.

Nosapphire’s comment sums it up.

There’s no need to focus on individual garments and most other passengers won’t be inspecting the clothes of others!