Escape; booking entertainment and show times questions

Warm-Water Diver

Sailing on the Escape January 3rd; 58 days out from departure.

1) MyNCL only shows 2 main shows; Choir of Man and After Midnight. Are these the only production shows currently being offered? The website says "Please Book Onboard." Does this mean that all the pre show reservations are booked or will they offer reservations to be pre-booked closer to sailing? Does anyone know what the show times are for these shows in advance?

2) Both Levity Comedy shows say "Reservations not offered." I though I was able to book the comedy shows pre-cruise unless they changed that?

16 hours ago, qdog123 said:

I heard the shows are still up in the air so they didn’t offer any reservations. I’m heading out on the first sailing on November 13th and it still isn’t allowing reservations in advance.

With ships sailing at well below maximum capacity you should not have any problems making a reservation once you are on board.  We have sailed on the Encore and Epic in the past two months.  On each cruise one or both of the main shows in the theater were cancelled for "technical reasons."  Assembling a cast, rehearsing, and staging a Broadway-caliber show is a monumental undertaking.  NCL has their own sound stage in Florida where they can rehearse a cast for months before rotating them onto a ship.  The Covid shutdown threw a giant monkey wrench into their well-oiled machine, and NCL has been experiencing some major hiccups in resuming their main stage entertainment options.  Good luck on your cruise, but don't be surprised if one of the main shows is cancelled and replaced with a lounge act being moved to the main theater.

2 hours ago, xfer said:

What's the best place to book the shows after boarding the Escape, before we have access to our room? 

At least Pre-Covid, the box office was open as soon as embarkation began.  You should be able to go straight there.  But as others have said, with the limited capacity on the ships it should not be a problem at all getting into the shows.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, xfer said:

What's the best place to book the shows after boarding the Escape, before we have access to our room? 

use the Cruise Norwegian app on your cell phone/tablet or use the touch screen displays located by the elevators

• Thanks 1

Don't stress about reservations ... for anything. Until they markedly increase capacity you can walk into any venue and get a seat ... dining or shows. Just off the Breakaway yesterday ... reportedly there were 1954 passengers and I made reservations for shows initially, but it really wasn't necessary. And prime dinner seating? I was invited to join a friend at La Cuchina for dinner about 7:00 and the restaurant was maybe half full.

Edited by emeraldcity
  • Thanks 1