The future cruise deposit paid for onboard

sunsetme

9 hours ago, caribill said:

FCDs (Future Cruise Deposit) are purchased when   

FCC was issued and was originally from an FCD, then you can request to have the OBC applied that would have been associated if an FCD had been used for a new booking.

My TA & myself had to make several attempts to get my FCD back to reuse as a deposit from my cancelled March 2020 cruise. Princess returned it to me as a FCC , losing the OBC 

I

got FCD back and it is now on my next cruise as a deposit with OBC 

1 hour ago, dog said:

My TA & myself had to make several attempts to get my FCD back to reuse as a deposit from my cancelled March 2020 cruise. Princess returned it to me as a FCC , losing the OBC 

I

got FCD back and it is now on my next cruise as a deposit with OBC 

Interesting I've been looking at my FCD's today following a email form Princess saying it was ready to use (assuming it was my cancelled cruise returned) However trying to understand my account as we did have two lots each One was used for a cruise that has subsequently been cancelled which I expected back as same and hence when I booked our next cruise with TA a few days ago I just assumed one of them was used. Looking at my Princess account today I couldn't really work out what had happened. Phoning Princess (50 mins holding) I found out that both our £75 FCD from cancelled cruise had been transferred to a cash value FFC along with an addition £25 each listed as Goodwill cash FCC. 

So apparently our one remaining FCD was used for new trip and the reallocated FCC had been used to apparently reduce the cruise price. Im currently querying with TA also asking to see if they can get Princess to add more OBC to booked cruise to compensate for the effective loss of. 

20 minutes ago, TonyM99 said:

Interesting I've been looking at my FCD's today following a email form Princess saying it was ready to use (assuming it was my cancelled cruise returned) However trying to understand my account as we did have two lots each One was used for a cruise that has subsequently been cancelled which I expected back as same and hence when I booked our next cruise with TA a few days ago I just assumed one of them was used. Looking at my Princess account today I couldn't really work out what had happened. Phoning Princess (50 mins holding) I found out that both our £75 FCD from cancelled cruise had been transferred to a cash value FFC along with an addition £25 each listed as Goodwill cash FCC. 

So apparently our one remaining FCD was used for new trip and the reallocated FCC had been used to apparently reduce the cruise price. Im currently querying with TA also asking to see if they can get Princess to add more OBC to booked cruise to compensate for the effective loss of. 

My situation was one of first cancellations and in Canada. Later policies allowed FCD to be reinstated with OBC and some have been able to use FCC as deposit. 

3 hours ago, seattlecruiser said:

Does anyone know if I buy a Future Cruise Credit on a cruise we are taking next month can I apply it to a May cruise that has already been booked?

a) You would be purchasing a Future Cruise Deposit on board.

b) Normally it cannot be applied to an existing booking. Sometimes you can work with a Princess rep who is willing to apply it anyway.