P&O Benefits on Cunard?

Twogreynomads

We have not given up on p&o in fact we have just booked three cruises for 2023 however we have also booked a cruise on qm2. We are on Baltic level with p&o and I wondered if we would start on zero with Cunard or if we would carry over any benefits such as priority boarding and disembarkation . Any info would be gratefully received.

3 minutes ago, Twogreynomads said:

We have not given up on p&o in fact we have just booked three cruises for 2023 however we have also booked a cruise on qm2. We are on Baltic level with p&o and I wondered if we would start on zero with Cunard or if we would carry over any benefits such as priority boarding and disembarkation . Any info would be gratefully received.

I have never been aware of any crossover of benefits between P&O and Cunard. We started from scratch with Cunard even though we have cruised with P&O for many years.

5 minutes ago, Twogreynomads said:

Start from Zero, but after your first Cunard there will be no going back and in no time you’ll will reach tiered benefits.

https://www.cunard.com/en-gb/cunard-world-club

Thanks for replies, I am not surprised but I thought that as two arms of the same company there might have been some benefit. We will look forward to the cruise anyway but it does not encourage you to try something new if you have to start from scratch. In truth the only benefits worth having were priority boarding and disembarkation .

we are happy with p&o but open to trying something new.

6 minutes ago, Twogreynomads said:

Thanks for replies, I am not surprised but I thought that as two arms of the same company there might have been some benefit. We will look forward to the cruise anyway but it does not encourage you to try something new if you have to start from scratch. In truth the only benefits worth having were priority boarding and disembarkation .

we are happy with p&o but open to trying something new.

Every Cunarder started their Cunard journey of voyages with a first cruise to try something new, regardless of benefits.  Hopefully the Cunard experience and family, will encourage you to stay.

4 hours ago, Twogreynomads said:

The only transferable benefits within the Carnival group that I am aware of was between P&O and Princess but not the other way round. We were elite tier with Princess before we even stepped onboard.

Unfortunately that stopped for new cruisers with Princess a year or two ago. However Shareholder benefits can be used across the group.

4 hours ago, Twogreynomads said:

There used to be a crossover whereby you received half the number of points from cruising on another cruise line in the Group. As we did our second cruise on Sea Princess for 10 nights and received 5 points on the P&O loyalty scheme. Sadly I think that the crossover has been scrapped.