Encore Show Questions

tbo

We are booked on Encore in late January. As of now, Choir of Man is the only show listed and it says to book onboard. Has there been any indication that Kinky Boots would be returning?

5 hours ago, CarolinaMamma said:

I’m curious about this, too. Sailing Encore Jan, 16th.

I am on the 1/16 cruise also.  It has been a while since I cruised Norwegian and when I did the entertainment was great. Hoping that is still the case.

• Like 1

The situation with the shows is very fluid at this time. On my Encore Alaska sailing, both Choir of Man and Kinky Boots were cancelled due to 'technical difficulties' (covid exposure) but were back 2 weeks later.  I am going on the Bliss tomorrow and have heard that Jersey Boys will and won't be performed from various sources.  Best to just wait and see what happens because these days, what is going on today may not be the same tomorrow.

• Like 1

Shows including Kinky Boots are day to day due to covid.  I will forewarn some that Kinky Boots has good production values but the underlying theme might be offensive to some.

I personally did not really enjoy watching scantily clad dudes dressed as women gyrating around.  Different strokes for different folks.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, OrcaGirl said:

It was being performed on the Encore towards the end of this year's Alaska season. We saw it the sailing of Oct 9-16 and really enjoyed it. (Choir of Man was great too.)

Do you remember which nights Kinky Boots and Choir of Man were performed on your sailing? I’m booking dinners for my January cruise and like to plan around the shows. 

6 hours ago, CarolinaMamma said:

Do you remember which nights Kinky Boots and Choir of Man were performed on your sailing? I’m booking dinners for my January cruise and like to plan around the shows. 

Kinky Boots was Day 5 (2 shows at 7pm and 10pm) and Day 6 (one show at 7pm)

Choir of Man was Day 2 (one show at 7:30) and Day 7 (two shows at 7:30pm and 10pm).

If I remember correctly Kinky Boots runs about 2hrs w/o an intermission - if the show is at 7pm when the heck are ya supposed to eat?  5-530 is way too early and 9pm is  a tad late and prevents you from enjoying other live entertainment.  I love that NCL offers Broadway shows, but the showtimes really seem poorly planned.  I know they have the one late showing at 10pm, but eating dinner then sitting in a darkened theater from 10-Midnight doesn't seem ideal either.  You'd think they'd offer it more around 8 or 830 instead

20 hours ago, OrcaGirl said:

Kinky Boots was Day 5 (2 shows at 7pm and 10pm) and Day 6 (one show at 7pm)

Choir of Man was Day 2 (one show at 7:30) and Day 7 (two shows at 7:30pm and 10pm).

It was the same on our October sailing. Kinky Boots never showed on the website or the app even once before or during that cruise. Don't worry. I'm sure if they can perform they will! And it is a wonderful production.

1 hour ago, Heyref said:

Is attendance at these shows by reservation?   Or 1st come, 1st serve?

You can reserve once on board by stopping by The Social on embarkation day or by using one of the big touchscreens throughout the ship. (Unlike in the pre-COVID days, no making reservations from your MyNCL account in advance.)

They'll scan your ship card when you enter the theatre to make sure you have a reservation, but there's no assigned seating.

There's usually a standby line that gets let in 10 min or so before the show.