Boomhower's Live Magic 11/14-11/20 (Now with the correct dates!)

boomhower

After 726 days it's time to get back to sea!  Like many we had several canceled during the shut down but our time has finally come.  We are a family of three, me my wife and 15 year old daughter.  It'll be the fifth cruise for me and my wife but only the second for my daughter.  We are really excited to try the Dream class out, we've done three on the Elation and one on the Miracle.  We are very laid back cruisers and I take full advantage of the drink package.  Originally we had planned on going early for a second trip to the Kennedy Space Center but with the COVID situation in Florida we will be waiting until another trip for that.  Heading out Saturday morning for our eight hour drive to the port area. Got our COVID tests scheduled for tomorrow morning at Walgreens.  My wife is already done with work but I have one more 12 hours shift to pull tomorrow.  I'm certainly no Sid or Saint Greg but I'll hopefully provide some entertainment.  

Here's a pic of my traveling companion, Tony the T-Rex:

IMG_9146.jpeg

• Like 4

I think we've got everything packed, of course you have to have priorities....  I haven't tried Flyby before but as I get older mornings get tougher so I've added it to my usual Pedialyte I've used on cruises in the past.  

IMG_3574.jpeg

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, noblewoman said:

see you on board getting test tomorrow am all packed  just can't wait I have been cancelled 6 times better not be 7 🙂

And I thought our three cancellations was bad!  Heading to Walgreens at 1030 for my test, wife and daughter are going at 10.  Last hurdle to clear.

• Like 1

In line to get my COVID test at Walgreens. My wife went at ten and they told her 24hrs for the results.  We have a pop up tent place in town I sent her to just to be safe. They are pretty much instant but not 100% sure what type of test they use.  I don’t want to be in Florida tomorrow and get bad news. 

Went to the local testing site and we are good to go!  Still waiting to get documentation from either one but nurse said I was good. Now to ride out the next seven hours of work.  Really my wife had the real work, getting a Great Dane, mastiff and schnauzer to the boarding. 

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Bostwick girl said:

You will really like the Magic! Of course a lot bigger than Elation or Miracle (Love miracle, she’s my favorite ship and I’ve been on a bunch!).  The layout is nice, easy to navigate, and plenty to do. We were on her for the 3rd time since startup on the October 31 cruise. The entertainment is good, there’s always something going on in the Atrium lobby and the Ocean Plaza. Our favorites were the Electric Waves violin group, fantastic, and the Magic Rock Band. Hope they’re still there. Food and service in MDR was good, as was the buffet on Lido.  Hope you and your family enjoy it as much as we did. We will be going back January 15, 2022. 

I see you’re from NC, our son lives in Roxboro, north of Durham.  Safe travels on your trip down and back!

I had this one posted in the other post you had with the wrong date, so just moving it over to the right one!  Glad your tests were negative and you’re almost ready to go! As I said before, safe travels on I95!

My other son has a Great Dane, he’s a wonderful dog!

• Like 1

Hubby and I will be joining you on this cruise. Had our covid tests this morning and passed, what a relief!  We fly out tomorrow morning at 7 from Massachusetts. Spending the night at Country Inn and Suites and have an arrival time of 12:00-12:30. See you all on board and will be looking for t-rex!!

• Like 2

On 11/11/2021 at 7:09 PM, boomhower said:

After 726 days it's time to get back to sea!  Like many we had several canceled during the shut down but our time has finally come.  We are a family of three, me my wife and 15 year old daughter.  It'll be the fifth cruise for me and my wife but only the second for my daughter.  We are really excited to try the Dream class out, we've done three on the Elation and one on the Miracle.  We are very laid back cruisers and I take full advantage of the drink package.  Originally we had planned on going early for a second trip to the Kennedy Space Center but with the COVID situation in Florida we will be waiting until another trip for that.  Heading out Saturday morning for our eight hour drive to the port area. Got our COVID tests scheduled for tomorrow morning at Walgreens.  My wife is already done with work but I have one more 12 hours shift to pull tomorrow.  I'm certainly no Sid or Saint Greg but I'll hopefully provide some entertainment.  

Here's a pic of my traveling companion, Tony the T-Rex:

IMG_9146.jpeg

Looking forward to sailing with you, but “the COVID situation in FL” is not so dire … from the CDC site today: 

F9E7F243-A358-4953-885D-784F68B64C70.jpeg

• Like 3

5 hours ago, SeaBrz said:

Looking forward to sailing with you, but “the COVID situation in FL” is not so dire … from the CDC site today: 

F9E7F243-A358-4953-885D-784F68B64C70.jpeg

Yeah that came off wrong, wasn’t meant to be a dig at Florida.  I wouldn’t be going to any large indoor gathering the day before a cruise. whether it’s KSC or a museum in DC etc.  Just taking precautions I can to avoid any unneeded risk before boarding. Apologies. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, boomhower said:

And we are off!  Even 20 minutes early which is not common for us. 

Bonus of living a mile from the state line is it doesn’t take long to cross one off the list. 

CF0F2BAF-420D-4E62-8395-F21B54F8FA29.jpeg

We are on this same cruise in 2 weeks

looking forward to hearing about your experience and the condition of this ship

J/J 

1 hour ago, lazydayz said:

Safe travels.  

Thank you!

1 hour ago, joe/jack said:

We are on this same cruise in 2 weeks

looking forward to hearing about your experience and the condition of this ship

J/J 

Excited to see as well, new paint job looks really good from the pictures.