Driving to Miami from Toronto

cessnabmw

16 hours ago, willing292 said:

we are thinking about driving from Ontario, but I'm having a difficult time trying to find somewhere i can get a PCR test for my return to Canada.  the drug stores such as CVS and Walgreens, want proof of US residency.

I have used the Amazon PCR Test Kit a few times to enter Canada. They don’t ship to Canada but if you have them sent to your hotel you can take the test there. You will need to call the hotel directly to give them a heads up so they are expecting it. I do not know the requirements for children entering Canada so just wanted to mention this test is only for 18+.

8 hours ago, *Miss G* said:

I have used the Amazon PCR Test Kit a few times to enter Canada. They don’t ship to Canada but if you have them sent to your hotel you can take the test there. You will need to call the hotel directly to give them a heads up so they are expecting it. I do not know the requirements for children entering Canada so just wanted to mention this test is only for 18+.

They are out of stock right  now.  I was hoping to have all of my ducks in a row before we left home!

1 hour ago, *Miss G* said:

That’s interesting. I wonder if you were looking at the Amazon.ca site and not the Amazon.com site. Dot com shows it as in stock. 

EFB3BB3B-5329-40F5-94D0-E2B6EA43AEA6.png

thanks, i might have been on the .ca site.  I want one that i can do via the internet, and this one needs to be mailed in.  Thanks though.

7 minutes ago, willing292 said:

thanks, i might have been on the .ca site.  I want one that i can do via the internet, and this one needs to be mailed in.  Thanks though.

Not that I have any stock in the product or anything 😂 but it couldn’t be easier. You log into amazondx and register the kit, do the test, then drop the pre-paid package at UPS. It gets to the lab early the next morning (they text you at each stage of the process) and your results are ready a couple of hours later. 

Personally, now that travel testing is available again, I would make an appointment at CVS or Walgreens, or drop into a walk-in clinic. I used to live in Florida so I know that Canadians have a special status there. You can even get a Florida residency card if you pop into the DMV with a Canadian passport. That’s for the snowbirds. Anyway, just give them your hotel address and show your ID. Nothing ventured nothing gained. 

• Like 1