Looking for a hotel with airport & cruise transfers in Miami

Qchell

41 minutes ago, Qchell said:

Does anyone have any preferred hotels that they like to use for Miami that has transfers to and from the airport as well as the cruise port?

Miami Airport Marriott.  Transfer from Airport to Hotel is free.  Shuttle to the port was $10 pp, register when you check in.  First Shuttle isn't until 11 am, so if you have a 10:30 am check in, you will be late.  

I would offer caution on using shuttles whilst we are still in covid measures - if ships are giving strict check in times to keep numbers controlled then you don’t want to be late for your allotted time (or early). A shuttle wont be able to give you as precise an arrival time as you possibly need for the forseeable. 

13 minutes ago, ToxM said:

I would offer caution on using shuttles whilst we are still in covid measures - if ships are giving strict check in times to keep numbers controlled then you don’t want to be late for your allotted time (or early). A shuttle wont be able to give you as precise an arrival time as you possibly need for the forseeable. 

I agree .... best to stay in control of your transportation as much as possible. 

2 hours ago, tw67 said:

Miami Airport Marriott.  Transfer from Airport to Hotel is free.  Shuttle to the port was $10 pp, register when you check in.  First Shuttle isn't until 11 am, so if you have a 10:30 am check in, you will be late.  

Thank you!

Comfort Inn and Suites, and Comfort Inn North Airport both offer airport shuttles and a free shuttle TO (not from) the cruise port.  As I understand it, you sign up for the cruise port shuttle when you check in, so I would imagine to get the time you want, you'd want to check in early.

Pre-virus the Embassy Suites MIA, La Quinta East and Hampton Inn Blue Lagoon were the most often suggested hotels with airport and port shuttles.  I would call to verify -lots of hotels are no longer offering shuttles due to staffing issues.

18 hours ago, IRMO12HD said:

Comfort Inn and Suites, and Comfort Inn North Airport both offer airport shuttles and a free shuttle TO (not from) the cruise port.  As I understand it, you sign up for the cruise port shuttle when you check in, so I would imagine to get the time you want, you'd want to check in early.

Have you stayed in these hotels?  The reviews really aren't the greatest...

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Qchell said:

Have you stayed in these hotels?  The reviews really aren't the greatest...

I have not, but I have seen reviews going both ways -- I will be staying at Comfort Inn & Suites prior to my 29 November cruise, and will be sure to comment on what I find.

• 2 months later...
On 11/18/2021 at 7:57 PM, IRMO12HD said:

I have not, but I have seen reviews going both ways -- I will be staying at Comfort Inn & Suites prior to my 29 November cruise, and will be sure to comment on what I find.

how was it?

2 hours ago, n4w said:

how was it?

@n4w Thanks for the reminder!  I was actually happy with it.  My room was quite large, on a high floor, and looked west over the airport runway.  I didn’t use the pool or gym, but the breakfast was pretty good, and the staff was helpful and friendly.  Free shuttle from airport-hotel and hotel-cruise port.

• Thanks 1