Over The Water Cabanas

tinkertwo

We are looking to possibly rent an over the water cabana but wonder about noise level.  For us it would be to relax.  How close are they actually to each other?  In your experience have they been loud with partiers or just nominal noise levels.  

I know there will be people talking and splashing around, that's not my concern.  It's the loud party type events I'm curious about.  It's a ton of money to lay down and I'd like to know before I do.  

So please, those of you who HAVE rented one, what has your experience been.

2 hours ago, tinkertwo said:

We are looking to possibly rent an over the water cabana but wonder about noise level.  For us it would be to relax.  How close are they actually to each other?  In your experience have they been loud with partiers or just nominal noise levels.  

I know there will be people talking and splashing around, that's not my concern.  It's the loud party type events I'm curious about.  It's a ton of money to lay down and I'd like to know before I do.  

We had an OTW cabana at the Beach Club last month. We could not hear anything from any other cabana. The speakers (they have preset stations you can play or you can use your phone) sound a little loud when you're sitting in it, but we couldn't even hear our own once we got in the water. Maybe we got lucky but I don't think you will have any issues

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, newbie070708 said:

We had an OTW cabana at the Beach Club last month. We could not hear anything from any other cabana. The speakers (they have preset stations you can play or you can use your phone) sound a little loud when you're sitting in it, but we couldn't even hear our own once we got in the water. Maybe we got lucky but I don't think you will have any issues

Thank you!  I was hoping for this answer but didn't want to hedge my bets.  It's a lot of $$ to not be able to enjoy a bit of peace.  

2 hours ago, tinkertwo said:

There are some photos starting at post #528 (cabanas on #533). In general, they are quiet, but you could get a noisy neighbor. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, tinkertwo said:

Thank you!  I was hoping for this answer but didn't want to hedge my bets.  It's a lot of $$ to not be able to enjoy a bit of peace.  

As a tip, hope you don't get cabana #1. This is what we had and since it was on the end, we constantly had people asking to use our slide and swimming SUPER close to our ladder.  

• Like 1

8 hours ago, newbie070708 said:

Were you able to access Wi-fi from the cabana?

12 hours ago, tinkertwo said:

Were you able to access Wi-fi from the cabana?

I don't remember using my phone for anything other than taking photos, but I know the 2 teens I had with me were on theirs so I would say I'm 99% sure they were on wi-fi. Actually, we were streaming music from apple music so yes, we had to have been on wifi.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, sglinens said:

We had one this past September. When you get on the ship, go to the excursions desk and ask to pick which cabana you want. They were able to do this for us. 

Is one better than another?   How do you know their numbers?

• 2 weeks later...

I had a map with the numbers of the cabanas. I took it with me and showed the excursion desk which one I wanted. If you don’t have a map, they will have one at the excursion desk. All of them are great; we just wanted one closer to the beach club amenities.