Why Pre-pay Gratuities

rbslos18

There is a survey thing they ask you to fill out at the end of the cruise. I heartily dislike them as a system, having been on the other side of it in the past. The scores affect bonus pay and if contracts will be renewed. The vital scores for the employees will likely be the top 20%, anything less will be detrimental to them. 

The problen with Viking's is that the top score is 'exceeds expectations' if you've been on a few you know what to expect so you'd tick the 'met expectations' box. This would be detrimental for the crew. I always help them game the system by ticking the top boxes unless the person/people weren't as good as I'd expect. 

They ask you to please fill out a comment slip after excursions, this is not compulsory and you are not hassled, generally you are just handed a bit of paper as you get off the bus. 

The crew won't hassle you, your room steward will point out the end of cruise survey form and ask you to please fill it in, none of the rest will mention it.

Viking are keen on feedback and do act on it, eg the planetarium being taken off the design for the new ships.

After our first cruise we sent an email of observations, as they seemed keen on feedback, in which we clearly stated it was not a letter of complaint and we already had another cruise booked. Viking gave us £500 pp on board credit. 

• Like 4