Princess Website: Web Browser Compatibility

Steven_&_Daniel

Has anyone figured out what web browser Princess wants people to use?

I have repeatedly had issues either logging in, accessing our booking, or attempting to accomplish various tasks like booking excursions or flights. Sometimes Chrome works for one task but won't for another. Sometimes Firefox works for one thing but not another. Yesterday our flights to Alaska changed drastically and our new arrival time became 1 am the following day, which is unacceptable.

I went in today and was able to change our flights, select seats, confirm that the the price increased between the time I started selecting flights and the time I booked the flights (apparently 3 or 4 minutes is too slow to pick flights and get the original price). I confirmed our names matched our passports. Then on the final confirmation, Chrome got stuck in a loop and kept reloading the confirmation page over and over. So everything I selected was lost and I'm back to the original flights with the new screwed-up times.

I've tried using Chrome, Firefox and Edge. Every single one has a problem of one type or another with the Princess website. I'm now waiting for Princess Reservations to open so that I can sit on hold for 45 minutes and book flights with a human being.

What web browser does Princess want people to use? Or is their site just a total piece of crap?

You should not experience this.  Assuming your PC is up-to-date with OS and also same for browsers, did you try deleting Princess.com cache and data? 

What type of device are you using?  I use CHROME on a Windows-based PC with MS WIN 10.  Princess.com works fine, unless down for maintenance and I have been working on flights very frequently just recently, including making changes to dates and destination and airline.

1 hour ago, Steven_&_Daniel said:

Has anyone figured out what web browser Princess wants people to use?

On my Apple mobile devices I use Safari & Edge; on my Windows 10 PC use Edge…no problems on the Princess site except for when the site is down for maintenance. I haven’t had a cruise that needed flights in over 2 years so haven’t used EZair recently but will use it soon for a cruise & hopefully won’t have your bad experiences.

I have many more intermittent problems posting on CC sites for months on both browsers & despite following their recommended fixes it’s still unreliable & frustrating.

If you use the internet you will come across the terms -- “cache” and “cookies”.  Both temporarily store detailed info on your computer but they serve different purposes.

Please refer to the web site below for a better understand of the terms cache & cookies.   

The guide takes 5 minutes to read. 

You will to learn:

1)     what these two terms mean

2)     their main differences

3)     why you should clear them from your browser

4)     how to clear them from your computer

Hope this helps.  Good luck.

Cache vs. Cookies: What’s the Difference between Them? - PureVPN Blog

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Steelers36 said:

You should not experience this.  Assuming your PC is up-to-date with OS and also same for browsers, did you try deleting Princess.com cache and data? 

What type of device are you using?  I use CHROME on a Windows-based PC with MS WIN 10.  Princess.com works fine, unless down for maintenance and I have been working on flights very frequently just recently, including making changes to dates and destination and airline.

Same here -Chrome and Windows 10. No problems at all.