More Hawaiian Cruises Canceled

nocl

On 11/23/2021 at 12:12 PM, san diego sue said:

The ships have been sailing pretty empty. Maybe not worth sailing with few passengers . Eliminating

a couple of ships for a while may make sense.  Filling up the others and not competing with same itineraries seems logical.(The Grand on it's current voyage  has only 170 passengers).Ofcourse we don't know what Princess is thinking in their decision to cancel voyages.

Yes, and they are not lowering prices - they actually raised prices. I went on the Grand in Oct & wanted to book another but prices went up for their shorter cruises this month. The Majestic is a lot cheaper. I understand the crew are really angry. 

1 hour ago, victory2020 said:

Yes, and they are not lowering prices - they actually raised prices. I went on the Grand in Oct & wanted to book another but prices went up for their shorter cruises this month. The Majestic is a lot cheaper. I understand the crew are really angry. 

Why is the crew angry?

Princess once offered a phenomenal deal when they brought the Golden down to LA.  They couldn’t sell the cabins for their three or four day cruises.  Offered 100% back toward a 7 day cruise.  I went on many short cruises.  It was fantastic.  

17 hours ago, cr8tiv1 said:

Why is the crew angry?

One person's opinion.  We have been on Grand sailings with similar occupancies, and every crew we talked with are thrilled to be back, tips or no tips.  We have known several of these crew/team for years, and feel confident they are being honest and sincere.  We should all be happy and supportive.

5 hours ago, AnyMajorCruiseDude said:

One person's opinion.  We have been on Grand sailings with similar occupancies, and every crew we talked with are thrilled to be back, tips or no tips.  We have known several of these crew/team for years, and feel confident they are being honest and sincere.  We should all be happy and supportive.

I felt the same.  The joy of working again outweighed any issues.  They only wished their friends could all return.  I think all ships are retraining.  Several have told me that some crew was being brought on board for a few sailings then transferred to coming on line ships.