Dinner attire?

Kruzkrazy

2 hours ago, brittany12 said:

Call me old-fashioned. But I am one of the few who still believe in proper dress standards. I want go be in the company of others in tight quarters—like a small ship cruise— who look and dress good. Makes me and my wife feel good and just sharpens up the whole atmosphere. This is not Carnival, MSC, or Las Vegas. Sorry, but polos and chinos in any serious restaurant  just do not cut it for me. Nor shorts.  Certainly not for dinner. Next it will be flip-flops, baseball caps and tank tops. I want my cruise line  not to revert to the lowest common denominator.  So much in life already has.I feel comfortable in sports jackets, have a few nice ones and don't feel I have to accept the slings and arrows of the "anything should go" crowd. How hard is it to have a little elegance? I'm bracing for the attack.

I feel this way about proper grammar. It just sets a tone....

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

4 hours ago, LHT28 said:

Most people  are smartly dressed  for dinner  but if your standards mean suit/tie or jacket  you probably will be disappointed on O

JMO

4 hours ago, njhorseman said:

You don't make the rules. 

Anyone who obeys Oceania's dress code is welcome on board the ship. If that makes you unhappy I suggest you spend your cruise dollars elsewhere, on a cruise line with standards that you find more acceptable.

Equating Oceania's atmosphere with Carnival or Las Vegas is pathetically out of touch with reality.

Plus 1

Jancruz1

How did a dress code question morph into "us" vs "them"? The beauty of Oceania is the unique view that we are successful adults & can decide for ourselves what we're most comfortable wearing. As always, a few will try to push reason or never learned to dress in the 1st place, but overall whether or not a jacket is worn is an individual choice, not a statement. Personally, I'm more interested in the food & conversation than what the men are wearing.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1