Updating MoveUp bidding after category change?

behtyas

Hello all!

Has anyone put in a MoveUp bid, but paid for a different room category before cruising and then tried rebidding? If so, did the room category you were upgrading from correct itself?

We were originally booked in an SS and had put in some bids, but decided to pay for a slight room change (CS). I went in and canceled the existing bids shortly after the room change, but so far the MoveUp page is still showing our old room category instead of the new one and we're running out of days :)

I'm reluctant to put in bids at this point because it would be cheaper to do a cash upgrade than most of the minimum offers..Th

29 minutes ago, behtyas said:

Hello all!

Has anyone put in a MoveUp bid, but paid for a different room category before cruising and then tried rebidding? If so, did the room category you were upgrading from correct itself?

We were originally booked in an SS and had put in some bids, but decided to pay for a slight room change (CS). I went in and canceled the existing bids shortly after the room change, but so far the MoveUp page is still showing our old room category instead of the new one and we're running out of days 🙂

I'm reluctant to put in bids at this point because it would be cheaper to do a cash upgrade than most of the minimum offers..

Thanks in advance!!

You can send an e-mail to CelebrityMoveUp@Celebrity.com   They respond quickly and will be able to correct for you.    I found it usually takes a day or two do it automatically.    Remember tomorrow is a holiday at Celebrity so your answer may be delayed.

14 minutes ago, Jim_Iain said:

You can send an e-mail to CelebrityMoveUp@Celebrity.com   They respond quickly and will be able to correct for you.    I found it usually takes a day or two do it automatically.    Remember tomorrow is a holiday at Celebrity so your answer may be delayed.

Thanks! I did send an email yesterday so I'm waiting to see which is faster (their reply, or a *hopeful* automatic update). I figured given the short time before they may start selling off the cabins I'd contact them ASAP just in case.. 😉

Just as a follow-up to this, it seems like it either caused a mess, or I shot myself in the foot.

As of now, the room properly reflects the change from SS to CS, however it now only lists my wife's name (and viewing the page source shows it using her captain's club # and incorrect fare paid).

The issue? The minimum bids from CS will now cost MORE total (bid + already paid fare) than a slightly-over minimum bid while in the SS. Not sure how that worked out! I've emailed the MoveUp team a few times now, but I think I'm out of luck given the cruise is just around the corner and bidding will close soon.

Bummer!

Edited by behtyas