Bimini Excursions

cruisin from florida

• 4 weeks later...

Was at Bimini 12/19/21

Hotel stuff was expensive. 

We spent $60 on a golf cart rental and drove around the island and stopped at the public beach...no charge to be on the beach but all the amenities were there to purchase (food, drinks, chairs, etc)

• 3 weeks later...
On 12/24/2021 at 8:59 PM, FlaMariner said:

Was at Bimini 12/19/21

We spent $60 on a golf cart rental and drove around the island and stopped at the public beach...no charge to be on the beach but all the amenities were there to purchase (food, drinks, chairs, etc)

Where did you rent your golf cart from? TIA

• 6 months later...

On 12/24/2021 at 8:59 PM, FlaMariner said:

Was at Bimini 12/19/21

Where did you rent your golf cart from?  I've been to Bimini a few times, but a cart comes with the cottage.   I Know there are always golfcarts waiting at the first tram stop from the ship (Fisherman's village), but I don't know if those are rentals that have already been reserved, or if you can just rent there?

12 hours ago, Bibble said:

Where did you rent your golf cart from?  I've been to Bimini a few times, but a cart comes with the cottage.   I Know there are always golfcarts waiting at the first tram stop from the ship (Fisherman's village), but I don't know if those are rentals that have already been reserved, or if you can just rent there?

Haven't been yet, (going in September) but from my research, it  seems that at Fisherman's village, all those golf carts parked there are available to rent off the ship or from a land vacay. Dozens and dozens of them.

We are debating a daypass to Resortworlds pool/beach area. since I can't verify if the September jellyfish swarm from last year is yearly or a one time thing, or renting a golf cart and exploring on our own.

7 hours ago, bguppies said:

Haven't been yet, (going in September) but from my research, it  seems that at Fisherman's village, all those golf carts parked there are available to rent off the ship or from a land vacay. Dozens and dozens of them.

We are debating a daypass to Resortworlds pool/beach area. since I can't verify if the September jellyfish swarm from last year is yearly or a one time thing, or renting a golf cart and exploring on our own.

I'm not going until November, so I'd love to hear how easy it was to get the golfcart right at the first tram stop in fisherman's village, if you do that!

I have to say, though, having been to Bimini on land vacations, if you're getting a lot of pool time and beach time on the rest of your cruise, get the golf cart and get out of the resort area, and explore the "local" end of the island, it's a great little island.  But of course, if you are looking forward to just chilling, and getting some sun & drinks, the resort is really nice!