Explorer of the Seas 21 Nov - 5 Dec — bits of info.

dianajo67

In San Juan getting ready for week 2 of our b2b.  Voom is basically non existent on this ship.  I have not been able to log in to cruise critic or royal Caribbean at all .  Using our cellular plan at the moment.  We should all get reimbursed for internet on this ship….it really is that bad.

I’m typing up an in-depth review and will post at the end of our 2 weeks.  We got a Royal UP both weeks for $450 bid each week.  Owners suite week one and grand suite week two.

we did not have to leave the ship at all on turnaround day.  Probably would have been faster to walk off and back on than wait an hour for them to come onboard.  Took 2 hours in the star lounge to do turnaround for b2bers.

if you have any questions, let me know and I’ll try to include in the review or sooner if I can get connected.

Read @Sea Dog review for great pics and info from the 7 Nov cruise.  I will be supplementing mostly as we have different room types and excursions.  Our second week is the ABC islands plus st Maarten.  First week was st Thomas, st croix , st Maarten, st Lucia, Barbados and st kitts.

having a great cruise and mask restrictions are reasonable.  They’ve opened up more tables in the windjammer as numbers increase.

feels mostly like the old days onboard.

so hating the internet situation though!

Edited by dianajo67
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 3

5 hours ago, davekathy said:

What was it like in the DL in the evening on the first leg of your cruise? 

Quite busy in the evenings during sail always.  The appetizers were good.  Location is excellent up in Viking crown bar area with the big windows so I think that helped keep numbers up despite no free drinks.  We didn’t spend much time up there as we had the concierge lounge near our room and then off to shows etc after dinner.

• Thanks 1

Thanks for your review.  We sail on grand suite in January but we are in Puerto Rico 2 days before we sail.  Any ideas on covid tests.  We bought Royal Caribbean  ones but they expire in December.   We were going to use them in Germany but that trip was cancelled.  Also what time can suites board.

18 hours ago, dianajo67 said:

Quite busy in the evenings during sail always.  The appetizers were good.  Location is excellent up in Viking crown bar area with the big windows so I think that helped keep numbers up despite no free drinks.  We didn’t spend much time up there as we had the concierge lounge near our room and then off to shows etc after dinner.

Thanks. Enjoy your second leg. Both legs are great intineries. We'll be doing them March 2022.