Indy still in Nassau 12/2

robmtx

Does anyone know why Independence of the Seas is still in Nassau? They were scheduled to depart around 3:30 and due in Port Canaveral at 5:45 am tomorrow.

We, on Anthem as we set sail, could hear their captain telling them they wouldn't disembark until noon tomorrow, 5 hour delay, but couldn't hear any reason given. 

Edited by robmtx

4 minutes ago, robmtx said:

Does anyone know why Independence of the Seas is still in Nassau? They were scheduled to depart around 3:30 and due in Port Canaveral at 5:45 am tomorrow.

We, on Anthem as we set sail, could hear their captain telling them they wouldn't disembark until noon tomorrow, 5 hour delay, but couldn't hear any reason given. 

Per a passenger's post on another social media site, there's a medical emergency onboard.

7 minutes ago, fonekween said:

Per a passenger's post on another social media site, there's a medical emergency onboard.

Thanks for relaying that info. 

Six hours (and counting) for a medical emergency on a ship docked in a major city is really concerning, and we just hope they're OK. There was no activity on the pier at all when we left. We sat on our balcony on Anthem for about 2 hours and no one came on or off the ship. 

You're welcome and I hope so, too, and sending prayers and thoughts to the patient and family. Of course - the pax who posted was only concerned about not making it back to PC by 7am 😞  The ship has now departed Nassau and I'm sure will be going full speed to PC. Hope you're enjoying Anthem!

We board Independence tomorrow. I just got both a text and an email saying that our embarkation has been delayed due to a medical disembark. Our  embarkation time has been moved from 1:00 PM to 3:30 PM. All aboard is now 6:30 and sailaway is now 8:00 PM tomorrow night. No specifics were given as to why the medical disembark was necessary.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, rokwldr said:

Nassau has limited medical facilities and they probably had to wait till preps could be made for a Medifilght to miami. Very pricey I'm sure.

No doubt very pricey - and that probably doesn't even include in-flight drinks or movies!

Tom

1 hour ago, cindyscruise said:

I do hope the person or persons are ok. If the person had to be airlifted it is no joking matter, if it was not major  they would, I am sure, have been treated locally.  yes very pricey from what I have heard.  

I too hope the person or persons are okay, and that they have travel insurance to cover the cost of medical and transportation.