Test Question - Center for Covid Control DCL Testing

KmomChicago

Hello. We are getting ready for our upcoming cruise. We have recently in our area had a Center for Covid Control location open offering free rapid antigen tests. 

Has anyone used this service for their cruise? I keep seeing eMed / Binax Now but I prefer to use this free service if it works out okay. 

12 hours ago, Bostwick girl said:

Must be something new. Go to Carnival’s website and look at the list of acceptable tests. Either call or go by and have them look at the list to see if what they give is acceptable. 

It's a kind of new company but the tests are normal ones - i.e. rapid antigen. They have locations all over the country so I was hoping someone has used them and can comment on the service.  The test itself should be fine. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, KmomChicago said:

It's a kind of new company but the tests are normal ones - i.e. rapid antigen. They have locations all over the country so I was hoping someone has used them and can comment on the service.  The test itself should be fine. 

There is a DCL clinic a couple of blocks from the Galveston terminal. There's been mention of it on the Gulf Port forum here. I'm assuming that is the same thing you're talking about, although there is no mention of "Center for Covid Control."

On 12/3/2021 at 5:40 AM, KmomChicago said:

Hello. We are getting ready for our upcoming cruise. We have recently in our area had a Center for Covid Control location open offering free rapid antigen tests. 

Has anyone used this service for their cruise? I keep seeing eMed / Binax Now but I prefer to use this free service if it works out okay. 

Did you end up using this test center?  I am seeing that in my area too and wondered how it went for you?? Thanks!