How is life onboard Britannia right Now

YandP

Hello cruisers..

I know its only been a few days since Britannia has arrived in the carribean but i would be interested to hear from anyone onboard what restrictions there are if any in place.

e.g.

• Are you allowed off the ship unaccompanied or do you need to take a tour or even are ports being missed?
  • Do you need to book it you want to attend a show?
  • Are there shared tables ?
  • Anything else?

Really looking forward to our cruise on Azura but a little apprehensive as to what to expect

thanks in advance

Current destination guide for Britannia. 
Yes you book for main theatre shows but there appeared plenty if room so I m not sure you would be turned away. 
Yes you can share tables.

Midships  is blocked off at certain points to provide isolation cabins if necessary so it can make routes around the ship more convoluted. Also no laundrette on our floor as a result of this, not sure if this is ship wide though and rumour is no laundry service but cannot confirm this yet.

Staff brilliant and food is very good to date and great weather.

We flew from Manchester and just to give you an idea we arrived at test station at 0710, tested at 0728, result at 0750, 10 minute walk to terminal and then the tui check in took 1 hr 50 mins to get us checked into flight, so give yourself enough time pre flight. It’s not the testing that takes take, it’s the flight check in. They check your passport and that the airport COVID test is negative, your PCR certificate, your Barbados form .

B7C52FE5-2225-45DD-A091-57D5861ABDF6.jpeg

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Hi Simmydw

We fly from Manchester this coming weekend, please let me know

if any trolleys at station as we have loads of luggage and am worried 

at having to drag it all to check in!

Off and on snowing today so enjoy while you can!

Terri

There weren’t any trolleys in the station available, when we arrived but I think if you were dropped off in the Terminal 1 short stay car park, like we were, you could have picked one up from the car park or had someone go into terminal one they would have been able to take them back to the person with the luggage and take them onto the station.

When you walk to the station from this car park, it is only a 2 minute walk and the testing centre is well signposted. When you arrive there were two queues, one for P&O cruises and another for those having return home tests etc. Plenty of staff to direct you into the correct queue and all straightforward.

Curaçao today and despite warnings from the captain and hotel manager about passport checks at the dock, we walked straight off and into a taxi to the beach., with no checks at all

Hi Terri

we have communicated before about the testing and luggage trolleys at Manchester Airport. We go on Friday. If you do, might see you at the testing station. We will be the ones with a laden trolley!! I see you are in Cheshire as we are but we are in the tropical part of the county and have not had any snow. If we don’t see you, have a great trip and we may meet up in the Azura glasshouse!! 
Ann

• Haha 1

Hi Ann

We don’t go until Saturday, so won’t see you at station testing.

But will def. See you in Glass House, our favourite.

it’s never stopped raining here all day, just hope it doesn’t turn

to snow.  Maybe while you are waiting for your flight you could 

update the situation as to trolleys.  Have just locked all the cases 

up , very heavy!  Dreading having to wheel them over to T2. 
We are on D deck, have booked Epicurian first night even though

I know we will be tired out!

Have a good journey and negative testing,

Terri

Due to go to the Caribbean at new year flying from Manchester or anything else  just wondering if anyone is just back from their cruise and can tell me what’s it like on board and what are the protocols of getting there and getting off on the islands haven’t heard anything from p&o about testing 

1 hour ago, coxy said:

Due to go to the Caribbean at new year flying from Manchester or anything else  just wondering if anyone is just back from their cruise and can tell me what’s it like on board and what are the protocols of getting there and getting off on the islands haven’t heard anything from p&o about testing 

Have you looked on your Cruise Personaliser “Before you sail”

On 12/6/2021 at 7:35 PM, silkworms said:

Hi Simmydw

We fly from Manchester this coming weekend, please let me know

if any trolleys at station as we have loads of luggage and am worried 

at having to drag it all to check in!

Off and on snowing today so enjoy while you can!

Terri

Hi Terri Hope you have a fantastic cruise next wee.. let us know how you get on .. we are joing Azura in jan2022

4 hours ago, YandP said:

Hi Terri Hope you have a fantastic cruise next wee.. let us know how you get on .. we are joing Azura in jan2022

Oh thank you so much, only just beginning to think we are actually going!

I will feel better when on the plane with a champagne glass in hand!

Enjoy, and all have a good Xmas , this is our first time away for Xmas

and New Year and just hoping all goes well.

Terri

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Silkysuzi said:

@simmydwHi… just wondering if you know anymore what the laundrettes/laundry service situation is onboard? Are we best packing for having none? Cheers

With all the angst about covid, injections, quarantine,  certificates etc.,  isn't it nice to have a question about laundry  ! 

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Silkysuzi said:

@simmydwHi… just wondering if you know anymore what the laundrettes/laundry service situation is onboard? Are we best packing for having none? Cheers

The launderettes were off limits on Britannia… you can use the onboard (chargeable) service if desperate 

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, janieb1962 said:

Yep they do now, they come and collect it too, ours was about an hour later

Fab!! I can now pack next weekend without the worry of lots of creases 😂 I’m getting married just after Christmas so want to get the stress of packing out the way! Thanks again

Edited by JessicaB97
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/6/2021 at 10:56 AM, YandP said:

Hello cruisers..

I know its only been a few days since Britannia has arrived in the carribean but i would be interested to hear from anyone onboard what restrictions there are if any in place.

e.g.

• Are you allowed off the ship unaccompanied or do you need to take a tour or even are ports being missed?
  • Do you need to book it you want to attend a show?
  • Are there shared tables ?
  • Anything else?

Really looking forward to our cruise on Azura but a little apprehensive as to what to expect

thanks in advance

Has anyone just come back from a carribean cruise and could gie us a review?

Hi Y and P

Everything fabulous on board Azura.  Hot,hot,hot, really good

food (stepped up a notch).  P and o protocols working well. 
Everything being cleaned twice. Visiting islands no problems.

Bonaire was great, hired a golf buggy and toured the island 

ourselves.

Tomorrow back in Barbados, but we are on for another two weeks

so Xmas here we come. Already visited  Virgin Gorda, Aruba,

Curacao was great. As usual the entertainment is pretty awful.

But we love it. All crew being tested every other day and we all

had a test today before arriving in Barbados.

Feel sorry for those leaving tomorrow, back to the grey mist.

Terri

• Like 1

Feeling a bit apprehensive this morning about our upcoming cruise so looking for reassurance…… Someone mentioned that the quarantine cabins are all interior? Is this correct? I suffer from claustrophobia and the thought of potentially being shut in a room with no window for a number of days is worrying me more than the thought of getting covid! 

• Like 1