Fitness Class and Saundra services questions

LinnieRed

We are soon to be heading out on a Viking cruise. Does anybody know if they are currently offering any fitness classes on board? 

Has anybody availed themself of the shipboard laundry services? I’m wondering if they do a good job, if I can ask them to wash things in cold water and just bring them back to me wet so that I can hang them dry? It’s included with our cabin and I’d like to take advantage of it is possible, but I don’t want my clothes washed in hot and tumble dried. 

Thank you in advance. I really appreciate all the wisdom that you Viking experts are so willing to share.

On the Orion this past October there were no group fitness classes. We had several shirts washed on delicate cycle in cold water and brought back damp just as we asked them to. The only problem I ever have with laundry service is the room number tags they put on each garment to identify what goes where. We can never get them off without extreme difficulty. I had heard that heating them up with a hair dryer works, but only slightly. 

The do a great job returning your clothes wrapped in tissue and in white leatherette boxes, or on hangers.

IMG_6281.jpeg

IMG_6282.jpeg

• Like 1

If you iron the tag then do a quick pull it generally will come off without too much difficulty.  Frankly, I like the tags!  I see it when I am folding clothes and fondly remember the cabin and the cruise.  

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

The solution to the tags is to always book the same room. 

I'd forgotten about the gift wrapped knickers! Seeing my Tesco multipack draught excluders so treated reduced hubby to hysterics! 

We only take clothes that can cope with the ships laundry, or that we don't mind the chance of shrinkage etc. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

I normally do our laundry, but the laundry staff is phenomenal at getting out stains.  This trip, I’ve sent 2 t shirts I dribbled down the front and in both cases, they got the stain out.

I only air dry my t shirts, so request that they air dry.  Shirts are returned to me on a hanger, air dried.  I have sent a few other things to the laundry when I just needed them cleaned (mostly jeans and khakis) and don’t find that they’ve shrunk my clothes.  

Edited by Mich3554
  • Thanks 1

The free laundry service on our World Cruise was amazing...best perk ever...well the drinks were awesome...free doc visits for our friend...first class airfare...luggage forward...oh there was also SEEING the world....I guess I am spoiled by Viking..THANKS VIKING...  Best Voyage ...GOAT cruise for sure!

We had a tour of the laundry an absolutely amazing facility....they are so careful of fire...the officers' uniforms were pressed on dress forms..

When I find the laundry tags in my clothes I immediately smile...great reminder of a most wonderful 120+ days...oh and I did I tell you we made some wonderful friends along the way....our lives were enriched.

• Like 4