DIVINA CRUISE DOCS ARRIVED FOR JAN. 2022. BUT TERRIBLE EMB. TIME

revrick3

We are on the Divina for Jan. 9 2022 sailing and guess what. Just got our cruise docs. YES ITS REAL. They came in email last night. Printed them out and wife and I just looked at them and grinned at each other. I guess this is really going to happen after all. The docs still show George Town. Guess we find out when we get there if we will get to the port. Only negative I had was our embarkation time is 3:00 PM. I called to see about an earlier time but they said it was computer generated and could not be changed. I really dont believe that but what ever.  We are in premium balcony with fantasia so we are supposed to have priority boarding with this room so those perks might not be as good as they advertise. Anyone have any luck with getting embarkation time changed. We are flying in the day before so we will have alot of time to kill.

Yes on my Divina sailing 11/14th our original embarkation time was 3:00. In fact many of us on here had that time.

A couple of weeks before the cruise I received a text moving it up to 12:30 and a week later it was moved to 11:00 or 11:30 can’t remember exactly. 
We got to the port about 11 and were on the ship in 15 min.
There weren’t  any lines at the terminal and maybe 12 other passengers checking in at that time. We only had 490 on our sailing. 

I have a feeling you’ll get the same notice moving your time up. 

41 minutes ago, revrick3 said:

We are on the Divina for Jan. 9 2022 sailing and guess what. Just got our cruise docs. YES ITS REAL. They came in email last night. Printed them out and wife and I just looked at them and grinned at each other. I guess this is really going to happen after all. The docs still show George Town. Guess we find out when we get there if we will get to the port. Only negative I had was our embarkation time is 3:00 PM. I called to see about an earlier time but they said it was computer generated and could not be changed. I really dont believe that but what ever.  We are in premium balcony with fantasia so we are supposed to have priority boarding with this room so those perks might not be as good as they advertise. Anyone have any luck with getting embarkation time changed. We are flying in the day before so we will have alot of time to kill.

Your time may change a few times even the day before. It happened to us on Seashore last week. 

• Like 1

We board on the Feb 6 sailing. Also received a #pm boarding. Yacht Club- not reallty impressed. Yesterday received email- as of Dec 15th all Canadians must now have proof of Travel insurance. No have…No board.  

Still looking forward to cruise:))

41 minutes ago, Postcards said:

We board on the Feb 6 sailing. Also received a #pm boarding. Yacht Club- not reallty impressed. Yesterday received email- as of Dec 15th all Canadians must now have proof of Travel insurance. No have…No board.  

Still looking forward to cruise:))

Can you add it after final payment?

Thanks guys, sounds like I need to just sit back and dream of the cruise. I am ok with 3 pm. If earlier that is awesome. Seems right for new times to come later, I know it depends on number of passengers coming. Either way if we are on ship to hear horn blow as we pull out of Miami then all is good. With our way of life now life is all about flexability and change so all is good and we will take what we get. See you guys on ship. 

On 12/11/2021 at 10:01 PM, revrick3 said:

We are in premium balcony with fantasia so we are supposed to have priority boarding with this room so those perks might not be as good as they advertise.

Is this new? Fantastica before never had any boarding privileges. 

23 hours ago, Postcards said:

Yesterday received email- as of Dec 15th all Canadians must now have proof of Travel insurance.

OK, I thought all must have proof of Corona Travel Insurance now. At least on the Virtuosa there are no exceptions. 

I've cruised on Divina twice in the past three months.  Both times I arrived before my listed boarding slot due to transportation timing.....both times I was able to board upon arrival with no questions asked.  Even with the move to Miami - that should remain unchanged based on what I've heard from Meravigla cruisers.  So if the assigned time doesn't work with your schedule - don't worry about it - just get there when you can. Mind you, I suspect its different if you arrive so early that boarding hasn't yet begun.

On 12/11/2021 at 9:01 AM, revrick3 said:

That's good, I just went to check my information and the site keeps telling me I have not filled it all out ( doesn't say what part) and also that my booking is not confirmed...HUH?!! Guess I need to call them tomorrow, every step of the way in booking this cruise has been a pain you know where.!

On 12/11/2021 at 2:01 PM, revrick3 said:

We were embarking on MSC Virtuosa from Southampton in summer, our embarkation time was 4.30pm, ship was suppose to sail at 5pm. I called them to query, they told me ignore embarkation time & try to be there between 11am to 1pm.

On 12/13/2021 at 7:51 PM, ISLABONITA said:

That's good, I just went to check my information and the site keeps telling me I have not filled it all out ( doesn't say what part) and also that my booking is not confirmed...HUH?!! Guess I need to call them tomorrow, every step of the way in booking this cruise has been a pain you know where.!

Me too.   Each time I go in to the "web checkin"  half of the info I entered has disappeared.  So I put it all back, go to "next" and nothing happens!  Tomorrow I contact the agent!

46 minutes ago, brandy3415 said:

Me too.   Each time I go in to the "web checkin"  half of the info I entered has disappeared.  So I put it all back, go to "next" and nothing happens!  Tomorrow I contact the agent!

This happened to me for the sailing I’m on right now.  I had my confirmation documents so I didn’t worry about it.  I never received luggage tags so the porter threw one on and wrote my room number.  Based on a number of comments from others and the number of handwritten tags I saw in hallways most people didn’t get their documents.  Check in at the desk was a breeze, verified my documents, etc but it didn’t seem like he had to enter much of my information.  I wouldn’t stress too much.