Silhouette 12/13-12-24 Covid announcement

Hi. Unfortunately the slot machine is not on board the ship. Is available on the Edge. 

We have not heard anymore about the positive Covid situation however they did move myself and everyone else off of the third floor to deck seven. Third-floor is closed down for quarantine you can’t even get there by elevator they blocked off the buttons. I just wish they’d be a little more open about the Covid on board.    We are in Port in Aruba since 4 PM  yesterday. There was no indication that I could see anyone sick leaving  in the ship. No protocols have changed although my mask has stayed on since boarding. We only have 1150 on board. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Heidi pour another Beer said:

We have not heard anymore about the positive Covid situation however they did move myself and everyone else off of the third floor to deck seven. Third-floor is closed down for quarantine you can’t even get there by elevator they blocked off the buttons.

Did they move you before the cruise, or after?

Guest Services, the Shorex Desk, and the main floor of the MDR are all on Deck 3 — I can’t imagine those are closed off to guests. Do you just mean that the forward part of that Deck, where staterooms are, is closed off? 

Sorry, yes I do mean the forward part of the ship. We were moved two days ago right after the announcement about two hours later. We didn’t have any time to waste they wanted us to pack then and move. They actually had people waiting in the corridor to move us .The one wing is blocked off from entrance by Guest relations and none of the forward     (back) elevators elevators will go will to that floor.

We are actually Docked here in Aruba next to (Freewinds). This morning they(Freewinds)) were in hazmat taking somebody off and spraying stuff from the ship on the outside of the ship on the ground, tables etc.  Each day as an adventure! 

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, kearney said:

Just saw a story about Symphony of the seas having 44 cases onboard. Going to be a long winter. Turtles06, we dodged a bullet with our Silhouette sailing last week

I do think our timing turned out to be really good. 

1 minute ago, Turtles06 said:

I do think our timing turned out to be really good. 

Ironically... and I think I mentioned this on our role call....but were were on the last full Reflection sailing. After we landed Dec 13..ironically enough...all hell broke loose. So DH and I have dodged a couple of covid travel bullets...now if we can just dodge covid itself...

• Like 1

We are surprised to read that there were guests in staterooms on deck 3 of the Silhouette.  Why are we surprised?  When we were aboard the Equinox [same deck plan] in September, deck 3's cabins were reserved for the many uniformed members of the crew (so that they would not have to share cabins on a lower deck). 

Also on Equinox in September, deck 6's cabins were reserved for crew members that had boarded recently, because they had to undergo a quarantine (about two weeks) before they could take on their duties.  Apparently, Celebrity is doing things a bit differently on the Silhouette in December.

Edited by jg51

51 minutes ago, jg51 said:

We are surprised to read that there were guests in staterooms on deck 3 of the Silhouette.  Why are we surprised?  When we were aboard the Equinox [same deck plan] in September, deck 3's cabins were reserved for the many uniformed members of the crew (so that they would not have to share cabins on a lower deck). 

Also on Equinox in September, deck 6's cabins were reserved for crew members that had boarded recently, because they had to undergo a quarantine (about two weeks) before they could take on their duties.  Apparently, Celebrity is doing things a bit differently on the Silhouette in December.

Deck 3 was used for passengers on all Silhouette summer sailings. The Theatre Production cast were isolated on deck 7 - one member had covid so the rest were isolated for 14 days - no production shows for that period and extra Guest Entertainers were brought on to fill the gap.

8 hours ago, jg51 said:

Deck 6 is being reserved for new crew members quarentining on Silhouette on current sailing.

Edited by Stealthdog

8 hours ago, the penguins said:

Deck 3 was used for passengers on all Silhouette summer sailings. The Theatre Production cast were isolated on deck 7 - one member had covid so the rest were isolated for 14 days - no production shows for that period and extra Guest Entertainers were brought on to fill the gap.

I was on Silhouette end Sept and tested positive on the cruise. I was isolated / quarantined on deck 3. The whole front portion was clear and plastic sheeting over carpets and as someone else mentioned the elevator did not go to that deck, unless there was a special key used.