Anyone know if there is a reason for limited capacity sailings?

chamima

4 minutes ago, the penguins said:

Maybe but X's publicity is that there is huge demand and to book early - bookings don't match the hype.

Re the "hype":

I'd say it's currently all over the map with regard to booking %.  Some cruises have proven to be very low %, others very high%, even on the same ship from one week to the next.  Again, I don't think they've been holding down bookings at all for a few months now, but there are cruises both near and far in time that are pretty much sold out, especially in certain cabin classes.  We were lucky to score our preferred category from a wait list back in August 2021 for our November 2022 cruise.  Has remained sold out ever since.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, WonderMan3 said:

Seems like a missed opportunity not to promote sailings as limited capacity, even highlighting what the max percentage is by sailing. That would be a selling point for me during a pandemic.

They did promote limited capacity for some months.

I really think that passenger limit is simply determined by demand.   Yesterday, we finished a B2B on the Summit (16-26 Dec--two five day cruises)  On both sailings there were approximately 625-650 passengers.  Very easy to distance everywhere and I felt safe (even in Blu).   It was absolutely marvelous!  However, for the cruise beginning on 26 December,  they are expecting 1900 passengers--almost 3x what we had.   The deck chairs which had been spaced far apart for us were set with less than a few inches of distance on every part of the decks on 10 and 11.   I was so glad to disembark when I did.  There is no way I would have enjoyed that cruise and I really think that Celebrity may be inviting trouble in packing them in so tightly, especially at particular time.   

• Like 1