No More Mad Rush to Embark Carnival ships?

audcc77

After 9/11. Airlines were allowed to charge for baggage to make up for lost revenues. Those revenues are in a separate category.   I fly them all over the west coast and they are the cheapest. I can fly to Hawaii for 250 fount trip including two bags

Edited by TheSeagoer

3 hours ago, staceyglow said:

IMO, if you are going on a trip for less than 8 days and need to check because of the amount/size of luggage, you are packing too much.  Or you haven't learned the tricks of efficiently packing one carry-on size suitcase and a backpack.

Not everyone is you

• Like 2

4 hours ago, staceyglow said:

IMO, if you are going on a trip for less than 8 days and need to check because of the amount/size of luggage, you are packing too much.  Or you haven't learned the tricks of efficiently packing one carry-on size suitcase and a backpack.

Easy to say for someone from Las Vegas. Most of the rest of us wear more than a G string and pasties 😛

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

On 12/19/2021 at 11:07 AM, TheSeagoer said:

The wanna be first crowd is special. Just like the first off crowd🤦‍♂️

LOL, I have to confess I'm both. Not to drink though, just to be on board, meet with the Maitre'd, cause I always need to change my table, and have lunch.

Then we have a 10 hour drive home, so of course I'm in a hurry to be off the ship as soon as possible 🙃 😅 

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Roscoe13 said:

My 3.47 cents...you know, inflation...

The people who are complaining about the cruisers who desire to get on the ship sooner rather than later are missing the big picture.

If you desire to get on later and have a decent chance of just walking right thru check in and directly on to the ship, that's awesome.  But understand part of what makes that a possibility is the pioneers who paved the way and got on the ship early.  That lessens the pressure later in the day.

As to why some people are hard wired this way?  I am a truck driver, (your welcome!) and most successful truck drivers have to have a sense of urgency and the ability to think logistically and see the big picture.  The go with the flow attitude rarely makes for on time deliveries.

I am zero fun on road trips too as I cannot detach myself from the goal oriented arrival time.  I see posts of cruisers taking 2 days to drive to get to port.  I would do it in 1 day if at all possible, but that's just me.

Smiling while reading this.   DH is also a commercial driver and shares your thoughts on the logistics of driving to and from the port . . . .   Keep the wheels turning !!!

• Like 2