Does Princess Honor Price Drops after Final Payment

mpdog42

9 hours ago, chubbypiggy said:

Do you remember how long it took for the refund to your credit card?  I told my TA about the price drop, and the TA called Princess to change my balcony to a deluxe balcony and the Princess agent told my TA, I will also get a refund of $500 credit back to my credit card.  My TA told me, Princess agent tried the refund while she was on the phone with my TA, and it showed an error.  Then the Princess agent said she tried to stop the refund and the system also gave her an error.  Finally, the agent told my TA to let me know about the refund and for me to check my credit card account every day to see if the refund shows up.  It has been 4 days, and I still don't see any refund.  I don't know how long I should wait before calling my TA and inquiring about it?     

@chubbypiggy  I would give it a week and if you haven’t seen anything on your card you ask your TA to pull up your booking to see if the booking is still showing a credit balance. If it is, they can ask Princess to process the refund.

DavidsNana and Shelly97060, thank you for your reply.  

I asked my TA this morning, and she asked Princess "chat".  Below is Princess Chat agent's reply. Sounds like it can take up to a month (calendar days).

"Your client's refund was triggered on January 3rd when we did the price adjustment. It usually takes up to 10 days for the refund to be processed. Once processed, the refund should reflect back on the guest's credit card account within 10-15 business days." 

1 hour ago, chubbypiggy said:

DavidsNana and Shelly97060, thank you for your reply.  

I asked my TA this morning, and she asked Princess "chat".  Below is Princess Chat agent's reply. Sounds like it can take up to a month (calendar days).

"Your client's refund was triggered on January 3rd when we did the price adjustment. It usually takes up to 10 days for the refund to be processed. Once processed, the refund should reflect back on the guest's credit card account within 10-15 business days." 

This is about the timeframe I was told by my TA also. I made a price adjustment back in December, and it has been 18 calendar days with no refund. If looking at business days, I figure it has been around 12, accounting for the holidays.

In fact, I requested a second price adjustment two days after the first one, so we shall see if the refund comes in two amounts or one.

Mine was just prior to final payment, but the price has gone down a small amount since final. I don't plan to ask for the small drop, but if it there is a bigger drop, I will go through this exercise again.

I had asked my TA at the time of the first drop, just before final, if Princess would honor drops after final, and the answer was, "usually not." But I see from this thread that that may not be true.