Complete health assessment…

Drumstix40

27 minutes ago, Drumstix40 said:

What if you are covid negative.  However, you have had cold symptoms.   Will they deny you boarding?

If your test is negative and you answered yes to the health assessment question, you’ll be flagged for additional screening which MAY include another test at the port. 

19 minutes ago, TheSeagoer said:

Omg take a covid test

How would they know they are negative without a test? The entire question presupposes a test result. 

3 minutes ago, Brkintx said:

If your test is negative and you answered yes to the health assessment question, you’ll be flagged for additional screening which MAY include another test at the port. 

@Brkintxis correct.

OP, if you appear unwell, shoreside staff may also direct you for a secondary health screening.  The ship's medical officer may have the final word on whether you are healthy enough to board.

We all are getting over colds. We have all been tested for covid (pcr test) all negative.  However, we do have some symptoms of lingering colds. Sneezing, stuffy sinus, ect.  My question is if our pre cruise covid is still negative. Can they deny boarding even though we do not have covid… We are trying to be forthcoming, but not fly to Fla and get denied boarding over a cold.

1 minute ago, Drumstix40 said:

We all are getting over colds. We have all been tested for covid (pcr test) all negative.  However, we do have some symptoms of lingering colds. Sneezing, stuffy sinus, ect.  My question is if our pre cruise covid is still negative. Can they deny boarding even though we do not have covid… We are trying to be forthcoming, but not fly to Fla and get denied boarding over a cold.

Short answer - yes. You can be denied boarding for many other things than covid (especially infectious viruses). 
Practical answer - unlikely.  But keep in mind that several types of tests have much higher false negatives than a PCR, so it may be worth doing that prior to traveling JIC. 

If it were my friend and he had a negative PCR test while he had these sniffles he would know it was not caused by covid. He would treat it the same way he would treat the "headache, nausea, vomiting" question if a few days ago he had those only on the evening of and morning following getting blind drunk and throwing up all over his now ex-girlfriend's car. Me? I don't know what I would do.

well just like i have allergies and asthma. i could literally being taking a covid test daily, but still be short of breath on any given day. i just have to track how i feel in general and go off of that. i was constantly being flagged at work because i would always answer yes to the shortness of breath, before they finally asked me if i had had a test. i had a week before. and no exposures outside of my coworkers. i was having a brainfart and assumed they wanted me to answer yes if i was having any at all. for work, they said "no, if it is your normal asthma. don't put yes. if it is worse than usual, then we will eval you." could've saved me me god knows how much headache. 

but then again my friend answered yes to the "diarrhea" question because she had had a colonoscopy 2 days prior so of course with the prep she had diarrhea. she had to pay to be screened by the on board dr who said she was fine. 

They have and have always had the right to deny boarding over illness. Even pre-covid people brought stomach bugs and airborne viruses onto cruises.

I don’t know how carnival will handle it. We have a system at work with the health department to determine if people can come to work. If you were exposed to

covid AND have symptoms, you can’t return to work even with a negative test. If you just have symptoms, you can return to work after a negative test. So if you did not have an exposure and also have a negative test, hopefully they wouldn’t deny boarding. But you are still sick with something; so even if carnival agrees that that something isn’t covid; they would be within their rights to deny boarding to stop you from bringing that something onboard