Mardi Gras Specific Questions

Milly1966

Forgive me if these questions were covered previously, but either the search function for CC is not the best or my abilities to utilize the search function are lacking….the later is most likely correct!

I understand that since we are Platinum, we will be able to select an arrival time 2 days prior to others, but can anyone tell me what the earliest arrival time is?

Regarding the new process for the muster drill, will 2 people in the same room be able to go at different times or do we have to go together.  Will they scan each boarding pass/sail and sign card separately or just one per room?  I am not trying to get out of doing the muster drill…just doing them at separate times (we have our embarkation cruise rituals)  😊

Also, regarding the muster dril,l we are in room 9430 (not sure if that is considered aft or middle), but can anyone tell me where our muster station may be?  I’m thinking from previous posts that it may be deck 7, Palm Restaurant.

And most importantly…where is the best place to watch NFL?  We will be on the ship during playoffs and fingers crossed our team will be playing!  We originally thought the sports bar, but with the “sip and cover” restrictions we would obviously like to be outdoors.  Do any of the outdoor bars have TVs?  In 2010 we watched our team beat the Chicago Bears while we were on the Dream, and if I remember correctly, we were in the aft bar.  Does a similar bar exist on the Mardi Gras?  On a side note: our team went on to win the Super Bowl that  year...bonus points for anyone who knows who our team is! 

Thanks in advance for any answers!

Cheers!

Here's our experience as platinum.

Yes we were able to check in 14 days before the cruise.  Got an 11 'oclcok check in time.

Muster drill was right after we boarded.  Just went to muster station and had them sign you off and see the life vest demo by a crew person.  5 minutes.  We were on deck nine and muster station was on 7.  They point that out at check in and I think it's on your boarding pass.

Watch football in HEROS on deck 8.  two huge TV screens and comfortable couches and chairs.  Wait staff from P&G will serve you there.

We're Platinum, checked in 16 days prior and had a 10:00 am arrival time for our 12/11 Mardi Gras cruise. (Our friends are red and had 11:30 arrival, so we all left our condo at 11:00 and were on the ship at 11:35 - it couldn't have been easier!)  We went straight to our muster station all together.  I think they were only allowing people to get one drink before cutting them off if they hadn't been to muster.  We saw a few people trying to get a drink and were told they needed to go to muster first.

Heroes is awesome, but was absolutely packed on Sunday 12/12 - so get there very early if you want a seat.  Outside, I know for sure there is a TV next to the Red Frog Tiki on deck 16 (near the entrance to the buffet). Not sure if they had NFL games on it, but they had it on ESPN every morning.  

Not a mardi gras specific answer but check around if it's a big play off game it might be shown. We had some games on the big screen on the pool deck but some play off game was in the red frog and some other place. ..found out word of mouth. Wasnt published. Ask around.

Platinum or Diamond are NO LONGER Priority status. Muster in nothing more than a check in right after you board before you go to your room. Takes only a min or two. There are different check in lines which mate to your selected time. It still takes time to check in without priority as you can well imagine.

16 day advance as posted above and we selected 10:30-11am, parked in garage across the street and was a piece of cake ( October Magic sailing).  On board by 11:45am was first at the red frog = free beer.

They allow platinum, diamond and suites to go up stairs to wait to board ( at least they did for that trip)

We sail 1/02 on Mardi Gras so may be different but we have selected the same check in window

Best