Anyone on the Equinox now?

Softball20

We are supposed to sail on January 3 - at this point we are still going, but monitoring things closely.  We are both vaccinated and boosted.  I'm just really curious about the safety protocols on the ship -- are dining tables spaced in the dining rooms, are the crew members masked, etc.?  We aren't doing any Celebrity excursions, so I'm not worried about bus capacity.  Just curious how people feel on board.  

Thanks!

58 minutes ago, Softball20 said:

Thanks. Were the tables appropriately spaced in the dining rooms?  How about pool loungers?  

Hi Neighbor! 

I think it will be much less crowded on the cruise leaving Jan 3. I know the holiday cruises had more interest than a "short one" in Jan. I keep checking and see a lot of available rooms even now on our upcoming Jan 3 cruise. Reading the current cruise thread, it sounds like the staff is sanitizing frequently - pool chairs in the evening and theatre after each show. Sounds like they continue to take extraordinary measures to keep us safe.

We sailed in August and Sept and never felt uncomfortable. Kept a mask at hand and maybe used it once on the elevator...otherwise all very clean and physically distancing was being followed by all. 

Hang in there!

🙂

LKC

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Softball20 said:

Thanks. Were the tables appropriately spaced in the dining rooms?  How about pool loungers?  

When we were on had 1800 passengers so for the most part yes things were spaced ok. It will depend on how many on board. Also we always eat early for dinner so we avoid the crowds 

Edited by lovrccl

We were on Equinox last week....only one reported case but after reading all the posts over on the Royal board i wonder if everything gets reported....no masks required onboard...we had select dining and people were mostly spread out in our area...crew wore masks...but sometimes I did see where they didn't like it over there nose....I can understand....we had about 1500 onboard and that felt ok to us...overall our experience was better than we expected it to be

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, Joleen said:

Does anyone know if Celebrity is offering their luggage service from the ship? Where they take care of your luggage and the next time you see it is at your destination.

Thanks

Joleen   

No luggage valet has not started up again. I believe that this is an airline program..at least at Ft Lauderdale. It will likely be sometime before they start up this program again..which is a shame.

On 12/27/2021 at 9:31 AM, kearney said:

No luggage valet has not started up again. I believe that this is an airline program..at least at Ft Lauderdale. It will likely be sometime before they start up this program again..which is a shame.

Thank you, it is a shame, this service was so convenient for us.

On 12/26/2021 at 3:16 PM, Softball20 said:

Most areas were spaced as usual. However because the ship had less guests you could social distance without issue. Some did, some didn't.

• Like 1