Reports from Carnival Panorama

smellywax

We are on the Carnival Panorama and the Mexican Authorities will only allow us to go ashore if we all take a Covid test and the ship says that is impossible. They are continuing to talk to authorities but I’m sure with cases rising, cruising may come to a halt again. We will enjoy our time on board. This is just an FYI

• Thanks 2

21 minutes ago, smellywax said:

We are on the Carnival Panorama and the Mexican Authorities will only allow us to go ashore if we all take a Covid test and the ship says that is impossible. They are continuing to talk to authorities but I’m sure with cases rising, cruising may come to a halt again. We will enjoy our time on board. This is just an FYI

The big question is "why?"  Have you been given ANY explanation from Carnival or port authorities? 

Please keep us posted! 

26 minutes ago, smellywax said:

Thanks a bunch for the negative comment "Im sure with cases rising, cruising may come to a halt again".  Really helps a lot.

• Like 6
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, bafinegan said:

Thanks a bunch for the negative comment "Im sure with cases rising, cruising may come to a halt again".  Really helps a lot.

That is actually what the purser said to me. I’m not being negative but she said they are rising on all ships and she is afraid this might happen. We are still having fun. This is what life will be like for a while so there is nothing negative just letting people know. Happy New Year

• Like 14
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, dianef said:

Are there known cases on board the reason they are denying entry.Booked on Jan 8 cruise and  still deciding to go or cancel.

If you are set on going to destinations cancel. If you just want to enjoy the ship and your company don’t cancel. That’s my opinion.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

How is the cruise going otherwise?Are people abiding by the masked mandate?Wonder if PV is going to require that of all ships.Have they reported any cases on board your cruise.It is still in yellow so there has to be some cases within last seven days,though if I am understanding CDC guidelines if one crew member tests positive it goes to yellow.Do you know how many passengers are on the ship?

9 minutes ago, smellywax said:

That is actually what the purser said to me. I’m not being negative but she said they are rising on all ships and she is afraid this might happen. We are still having fun. This is what life will be like for a while so there is nothing negative just letting people know. Happy New Year

Thank you for taking time out of your vacation to share this information - I'm sorry you were denied port today and that you're making the most of it and still having fun 🙂

• Like 8

1 hour ago, dianef said:

How is the cruise going otherwise?Are people abiding by the masked mandate?Wonder if PV is going to require that of all ships.Have they reported any cases on board your cruise.It is still in yellow so there has to be some cases within last seven days,though if I am understanding CDC guidelines if one crew member tests positive it goes to yellow.Do you know how many passengers are on the ship?

The ship seems pretty full which I expected for Christmas. I used to work for Carnival and cruised a lot and it feels like a regular sailing. People are wearing mask except outside most are not by the pool and on serenity. They do have to constantly remind people to pull it up over their noses. As far as how it’s going, I love cruising and always make the most of it but people have lost their manners. In the spa, several men must have thought it was their home’s bathroom. Floating in the therapy pool, laying (this shocked me the most) on the floor of the aroma steam room hosing themselves down with the sprayer and grunting while breathing loud, people talking super loud in the spa etc. So, I love relaxing in the spa on the ship and that’s my thing so that I have not enjoyed. The comedians have been excellent, the shows 

…well I do enjoy that they have singers now but no production shows yet which they used to have 2 full ones on a 7 day…but no biggie. Food…do I find something I like every day/night, yes. Is it something to write home about..no. Food quality had gone down slightly but I am sure they are trying to save money from all the losses. Staff are great! And it’s still a great vacation with family. We have had to evacuations of Passengers. One right after leaving Long Beach and the coast guard came and got her and we dropped someone off yesterday in Cabo (before our scheduled stop there). One lady was on the floor in the lobby passed out. Someone said she fell 2 floors but you don’t know if those are rumors. I only saw her afterwards with head inside the lobby bar swing door where the waiter exit and her feet outside. Anyway, we are still having fun and enjoying.

1 hour ago, hapytobehr said:

What makes you think that cruising will come to a halt?  

Was that an official announcement or just your opinion? <smh>

Just reading that it is spreading faster and a comment one of the pursers said…nothing official. Hopefully people are careful, wear their mask, don’t print fake covid test results for entry without actually testing (I heard someone laughing in line that they didn’t have time to do it and did that with someone in their party) and numbers stay low so we can keep sailing. Trust me, I don’t want it to come to a halt…I own carnival stock.

1 hour ago, dianef said:

Do you know of any cases on your sailing or just generalizing that It is spreading fast?Have you left PV yet?I wonder if they will cancel PV for the next few sailings?

The puser was referring to all the carnival ships spreading again and she was worried. I haven’t asked about numbers on board and they are not saying anything. I’m just relaxing in the sun in the serenity. They have not left port because we are supposed to be here late so I guess they are trying to still let us off but I would prefer they just go out to sea and open stuff because most things are closed. 

• Like 1

So the Viking ship docked next to us were allowed to go ashore. They arrived before us and have passengers going back and forth. There is a Princess Ship (Carnival Corp) that was coming into port but stopped and anchored and this isn’t a tender port so they may not be getting off either 🤷‍♀️

18 minutes ago, smellywax said:

The ship seems pretty full which I expected for Christmas. I used to work for Carnival and cruised a lot and it feels like a regular sailing. People are wearing mask except outside most are not by the pool and on serenity. They do have to constantly remind people to pull it up over their noses. As far as how it’s going, I love cruising and always make the most of it but people have lost their manners. In the spa, several men must have thought it was their home’s bathroom. Floating in the therapy pool, laying (this shocked me the most) on the floor of the aroma steam room hosing themselves down with the sprayer and grunting while breathing loud, people talking super loud in the spa etc. So, I love relaxing in the spa on the ship and that’s my thing so that I have not enjoyed. The comedians have been excellent, the shows 

…well I do enjoy that they have singers now but no production shows yet which they used to have 2 full ones on a 7 day…but no biggie. Food…do I find something I like every day/night, yes. Is it something to write home about..no. Food quality had gone down slightly but I am sure they are trying to save money from all the losses. Staff are great! And it’s still a great vacation with family. We have had to evacuations of Passengers. One right after leaving Long Beach and the coast guard came and got her and we dropped someone off yesterday in Cabo (before our scheduled stop there). One lady was on the floor in the lobby passed out. Someone said she fell 2 floors but you don’t know if those are rumors. I only saw her afterwards with head inside the lobby bar swing door where the waiter exit and her feet outside. Anyway, we are still having fun and enjoying.

I was on the December 11 Panorama cruise.  This accurately describes my experience on the Panorama.

We docked in Puerto Vallarta no problem.  And in Mazatlan the next day.  But on the very next day we were denied access to Cabo San Lucas by the local authorities because they also demanded that any passenter coming to shore be tested by the ship for COVID.  At that time the captain announced for the first time that we had a "small number of COVID cases." aboard.  We completed the remainder of our cruise with no problems.

• Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, smellywax said:

So the Viking ship docked next to us were allowed to go ashore. They arrived before us and have passengers going back and forth. There is a Princess Ship (Carnival Corp) that was coming into port but stopped and anchored and this isn’t a tender port so they may not be getting off either 🤷‍♀️

That might be the case but P.V. is also a tender port. They have a tender platform just in front of the main dock for when they have multiple ships that can't be docked together. 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, ohioNCLcruiser said:

That might be the case but P.V. is also a tender port. They have a tender platform just in front of the main dock for when they have multiple ships that can't be docked together. 

Interesting as I have been several times and have never seen any ships tender. Now I’m going to see if I see any small boats coming from it. If we do then it’s a one shio problem with covid cases

• Like 1