Wifi Surf/Stream -- while in port?

ennjay

Hi! Quick question -- can't remember from previous cruises. If I book the wifi package, does it work (and work well?) when in port -- for instance, at embarkation before sailaway, or is it just available when at sea?  

Thanks -- sorry for the silly detail question but I hope someone can tell me for sure! (As you may be able to deduce, I may have some online work responsibilities I may have to take care of remotely on embarkation day before or just after sailaway on an upcoming cruise, so I want to know if I should be able to get that done.)

We work remotely/online on every cruise and I have noticed that it will work while we are at port but once we start to pull out of port the signal disappears for a little bit.    I am not a techy but always figure it had to do with ships satellite changing over as we leave the dock.

1 minute ago, MPH711 said:

You asked…Does it work well? I’ve found on newer ships (like Oasis class) it works extremely well. On older ships it was painfully slow. 

the wifi has worked good for us on Serenade and Jewel but very spotty on our last grandeur sailing.     weather has a lot to do with that too.