Does Royal Caribbean answer customer service text messages?

I attempted to call RCI customer service this morning and the hold time was over 2 hours.  Well, what did I expect?  It's Monday and it's a holiday week.  Anyway.....chat is not available, so I texted them as I was invited to do on their website.  

I have not gotten an answer all day - so I am wondering if I ever will?  What's the wait time?  Does anyone know?  Yes, yes....I'll call them later.  I am just dreading the hold music.....  lol

Has anyone been texted back?  

TIA!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, LilBlackDress said:

They answer the social media messanger within a couple hours in my experience 

Same here. I was able to get a problem solved through Facebook messenger within a couple of hours of starting a chat.

OP here.

Thanks for the information.  I am going to try FB messenger.

I did get a response to text in about 15 hours, but they told me to call.  I was trying to avoid calling.  Wasn't that point of text? 

This is extremely frustrating because they could have chosen to just do as I had asked. It was an easy-peasy request.  Instead, it felt like a pat on the head.  

What's the point of allowing clients to text a simple request if you are just going to robomessage them to call?

• Haha 1

My recommendation is to call them early in the AM.  Did today and got through with minimal wait time.  In the past when I e-mailed them, got confirmation and instructions that it would take a few weeks to research and get back to you.

Also, their response does not give you an opportunity for a quick response.  It's like a circle jerk and you have e-mails going back and forth and the message/concerns are lost.

Ps:  Wish they had a call back feature as many other companies have.

Edited by nelblu
  • Like 2

Thank you for all the responses.

I have NEVER gotten a response to an email to Royal Caribbean.  I HAVE received a response to every text message I have sent (maybe four of them?) within about 15 hours.  

When I was told via text to "just call us," I texted back about how I did not agree that was a "customer centered" response.  Why text you for expediency if you will just tell me to call you?  

I received an apology and an answer to my question via text about 6 hours later.  She even went into my account and did as I had originally asked.  

14 hours ago, Momto3girlsintheCarolinas said:

I have NEVER gotten a response to an email to Royal Caribbean.  I HAVE received a response to every text message I have sent (maybe four of them?) within about 15 hours.  

When I was told via text to "just call us," I texted back about how I did not agree that was a "customer centered" response.  Why text you for expediency if you will just tell me to call you?  

Just curious; did your text message require anything like credit card numbers to complete your request?  Most businesses won't take payment via SMS message since it's not considered secure enough to meet payment card industry compliance standards.   So in those instances where a form of payment is needed, you're directed to call.

posting my experience:  Sent an email a week ago and no response.  Sent a text yesterday at 5:41pm and received a response at 1:48am.  Texted back for more information at 5:50am this morning and received an instant reply.  I guess texting is the way to go especially in the wee hours.

2 minutes ago, Kmermaid said:

posting my experience:  Sent an email a week ago and no response.  Sent a text yesterday at 5:41pm and received a response at 1:48am.  Texted back for more information at 5:50am this morning and received an instant reply.  I guess texting is the way to go especially in the wee hours.

What tele. # did you text to,

I texted them 3 weeks ago and just received the auto response that they would have a customer service rep get back to us. No reply yet. I texted the special needs dept about an extension cord and distilled water for my husband’s cPap machine.  This is our first cruise on RC and so far I’m not happy with their service or what I’m reading. I know times are different than my 21 other cruises oreCovid, so I’m trying to be more open minded, but….