Dominica - who’s been in the last week?

Scuppersisontheboat

Hi!  We’re on the Equinox, getting to Dominica in 2 days.  I haven’t seen any recent posts about the ‘going ashore’ status.  Celebrity still has the ‘you must have a celebrity excursion’ vs the ‘you must have a celebrity excursion, or you can go into port and book a govt approved tour’.  (Like what’s with that wording LOL)

anyway, recent Dominica experience would be much appreciated!

We were there last week and you could only go to the fenced in bubble they had set up.All the tents had the exact same things for sell.We were out there around 10 to 15 minutes and went back on the ship!  Trust me stay on board if you don't have an excursion booked!!

I was on the Equinox Dec 10-22. Dominica was our port of call on the 18th and we had to have a shore excursion via Celebrity to get outside of the fenced off area. There is a private taxi stand on your right at the end of the runway where you can book a gov't approved tour.

I ended up doing the Trafalgar Falls and Emerald Pools tour- I highly recommend it!