Tampa area rapid antigen testing

phoenix_dream

Anyone have any recent experience getting tested in the Tampa area?  Will try to book a CVS or Walgreens but hoping for a back-up place.  I see some community sites but not sure if you need to be a resident?  And it looks like most urgent care type facilities only book for current patients.

We have used our local CVS with no problem, however, with the huge spike in cases here there are now new testing facilities being added. I doubt that you have to be a resident as this state survives on tourism. Tampa is in Hillsborough County so check what's listed there. BTW, we used CVS 3 times in the past month and you had to get online the day before to make your appointment. Good luck.

23 hours ago, phoenix_dream said:

Anyone have any recent experience getting tested in the Tampa area?  Will try to book a CVS or Walgreens but hoping for a back-up place.  I see some community sites but not sure if you need to be a resident?  And it looks like most urgent care type facilities only book for current patients.

I am in Illinois.  I just called our county health department and made and appt for the rapid antigen test.  We will have results within 20 minutes, written and emailed to me.  Best part is No Charge!

I heard some airports are getting over $100 per test!

Try your health dept.  Walgreens told me it would take 72 hours for results.

22 hours ago, oratheeexplorer said:

I am in Illinois.  I just called our county health department and made and appt for the rapid antigen test.  We will have results within 20 minutes, written and emailed to me.  Best part is No Charge!

I heard some airports are getting over $100 per test!

Try your health dept.  Walgreens told me it would take 72 hours for results.

I am also in Illinois.  Unfortunately that doesn't help me as I am flying in six days before my cruise.  We have a tentative appointment at a CVS in Tampa but as they often cancel tests last minute I would like to have a back-up plan.  We are bringing the online proctored tests, but I admit I am old-fashioned and prefer to do a drive-thru pharmacy or similar.