Happy to be here!

sunviking90

I am a pretty rare poster, but I just found this board a few weeks ago, and wanted to say how much I am enjoying it here!

We haven’t cruised since October 2019, and finally did a land vacation to Maui in early December, but honestly didn’t think Canadians were cruising yet! This board has been an eye opener in so many ways! We are freshly retired and reading all the reports gave me courage to to book a Mexican Riviera on Princess for the last week of January as the price was amazing for a balcony, and it’s a short flight down to LA. Kind of crazy with the new variant, but we can cancel for credit, and our flights are flexible too. 
We both just got our boosters, so we are crossing our fingers this actually happens. Fingers crossed that Omicron blasts through as fast as it arrived. 
Best wishes everyone, and thanks for creating such a positive environment over here!

Edited by sunviking90
  • Like 9

So happy to hear you’ve booked!  We are not ready to book anything in the near future yet but have been following along on “live” threads.  

We do have a South Pacific cruise (my bucket list) booked for next Fall but as it gets closer to final payment will have to see how covid stuff is.  Sure miss cruising.  

• Like 3

Hey Sunviking90,   Enjoy that Mexican Princess cruise for me!  That cruise in late January had a standing invitation in my calendar for many years.  Princess does Mexico very well and we used to really enjoy it.  No more cruising sadly for me until this virus is under some sort of control.   If that takes until 2024, so be it.  We have not cruised since March of 2020, ending in Australia, but have continued over the last two years to explore Canada and will continue to do so again in 2022.  

On 12/29/2021 at 5:51 PM, canadianbear said:

So happy to hear you’ve booked!  We are not ready to book anything in the near future yet but have been following along on “live” threads.  

We do have a South Pacific cruise (my bucket list) booked for next Fall but as it gets closer to final payment will have to see how covid stuff is.  Sure miss cruising.  

I did a 30 Hawaiian/South Pacific Cruise with HAL, onboard the 'Ryndam' several years ago!

It was a fantastic cruise & would highly recommend that you do it if at all possible!

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, GeriatricNurse said:

I did a 30 Hawaiian/South Pacific Cruise with HAL, onboard the 'Ryndam' several years ago!

It was a fantastic cruise & would highly recommend that you do it if at all possible!

We sure hope we can.  We love snorkeling & bring our own gear as well as my prescription mask.  Since we’ve missed 2 years of cruising now and aged 5 years because of it (lol) just hope it happens.  

• Like 2

We have also done that cruise. The scenery and the water is so gorgeous, it takes your breath away. Add the weather with an almost constant soft breeze and you will feel like you are in paradise. I hope you get to go soon. I think I need to go soon.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, gubby said:

We have also done that cruise. The scenery and the water is so gorgeous, it takes your breath away. Add the weather with an almost constant soft breeze and you will feel like you are in paradise. I hope you get to go soon. I think I need to go soon.

Happy New Year!

If I am able to cruise ever again, I believe that this will be my ?final cruise!

I am going to do some research to discover the cruise lines that do this cruise.

For my reference, what cruise line did you cruise with on this cruise?

I loved Bora Bora, Moorea, Papete, etc.!

We've done it three times - once on Oriana  of P&O in the late 60s enroute to Australia and again more recently both on the old HAL Ryndam and in '20 on Princess, our last cruise before COVID hit.

The first time was when it was less expensive to sail than to fly!  We now rank as geriatric cruisers.

It's worthy of a high spot on anyone's bucket list.

Ruth

• Like 2

6 hours ago, GeriatricNurse said:

Happy New Year!

If I am able to cruise ever again, I believe that this will be my ?final cruise!

I am going to do some research to discover the cruise lines that do this cruise.

For my reference, what cruise line did you cruise with on this cruise?

I loved Bora Bora, Moorea, Papete, etc.!

I am really excited to be booked on this cruise with Princess in the Fall of 2022. Bit disappointed that Bora Bora is no longer accepting large cruise ships, but I will just have to make do with the other South Pacific Islands that I have never been to 😁

I believe the only way to get to Bora Bora on a cruise ship now is on one of the smaller, luxury cruise ships, likely having to fly into Papeete. 

enjoy!

• Like 1

22 hours ago, waiting2retire said:

I am really excited to be booked on this cruise with Princess in the Fall of 2022. Bit disappointed that Bora Bora is no longer accepting large cruise ships, but I will just have to make do with the other South Pacific Islands that I have never been to 😁

I believe the only way to get to Bora Bora on a cruise ship now is on one of the smaller, luxury cruise ships, likely having to fly into Papeete. 

enjoy!

We too are in a transpacific on the Grand Princess in the fall. Very disappointed that Bora Bora is now cancelled. It was one of the main reasons we chose this cruise. However we did a 10 day on the old Tahitian Princess a few years ago and happy we had that experience.  I just hope that NZ will be open to cruise ships in October. We’ll watch and see 

We did a Tahiti to Sydney cruise on Norwegian Jewel five years ago. Pity Bora Bora doesn’t allow large ships now as that was one of the highlights of the cruise. I’d never seen so many shades of blue.
I think NCL still does a South Pacific cruise but with less ports. 
We have a Panama Canal cruise booked for March but will cancel before final payment date. That will be the sixth cruise cancelled. We also have a Dubai to Cape Town cruise booked for December this year. Hope everything is back to some kind of normal by then.

Viking has the Grand Polynesia cruise, 33 days and it does stop in Bora Bora. Round trip out of LA.

We are booked on a Viking Pacific Coastal in April it seemed a cost effective way to try their product.

We had to cancel 2 Auckland to Sydney cruises on Celebrity and have about given up on that. We had an east coast Canada booked on Princess but cancelled that in favour of the Viking cruise. After some sober second thought Princess didn't feel like the right line for us. Assuming the Viking cruise suits us perhaps we will see what they offer for east coast Canada. We want to do a one way and the only lines we have seen that do a one way on the east coast is HAL and Viking.