Can we still ferry over to St. John?

kcparrothead

• 2 weeks later...
33 minutes ago, crewsweeper said:

Harmony of the Seas was denied porting this past week.  Ships need less than 1% positive testing including crew.

Haven't heard of any ship docking there in past couple of weeks though.

I was there on Rotterdam last week. St Thomas that is, not St. John. 

1 hour ago, crewsweeper said:

Good to hear.  Do you know if anyone on your cruise went to St John via ferry?

I am not certain. However we were there from 12 PM until 8 PM in the evening so there were no tours offered from the cruise line to St. John. 

• 2 weeks later...
15 minutes ago, Dewaldcruiser said:

On RCI Explorer week of March 6 and today received a notice that all St. Johns excursions have been canceled.

We're on Symphony 02.05.2022 and all St John excursions were cancelled this morning and refunded. The rest of the excursions are still up for booking.

On 1/29/2022 at 4:40 PM, emerisland said:

I have been in St Thomas and St John for a few weeks.  The ferry to St John is up and running.  Remember to bring your mask

But since others are reporting all STJ cruise line excursions are cancelled, are day visitors allowed to take self-excursions? Reading that answer is also No…

Hi, just returned from St John (passing though St. Thomas to go to the airport).  I saw Harmony of the Seas in Port.  Yes, you can take a ferry from the same Crown Bay port as where the ship docked.  https://www.interislandboatservices.com/products/cruz-bay-to-crown-bay-2  Or take a taxi to Red Hook and take the hourly ferry over to St. John.  Enjoy!

12 hours ago, blue_water said:

Still wondering if day visitors can go anywhere on their own?

Bill do you know the current situation for cruise passengers (in re to COVID-19 protocols)…

I do see in Celebrity’s requirements (thanks for sharing Wendy) that vaccinated passengers can take self-excursions, while unvaccinated or inadequately vaccinated must take ship-sponsored excursions, which many now do not include STJ because of the ferry transfer…

Celebrity’s verbiage regarding vaccines is a bit confusing because of a couple terms used, and I’m sure all cruise lines have their own requirements….Folks researching various cruises and cruise lines have to be very thorough in order to understand the actual requirements and options…